Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read the manual, there's no chapter where how substitute headlight bulb??

°_°?

are you kidding'??

hope is a defective manual.. you know which is procedure to substitution of the burned light?

thanx in advance!!

John

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
no one that can tell something?

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
If you're just changing the globe it is pretty straight forward and I think it's covered in the HID upgrade thread but basically:
  1. undo 2 dome nuts under headlight
  2. lift headlight unit until it comes off the 2 pins/posts (watch the top/points in relation to the bar clamps
  3. on the back of the headlight unit there are 7 screws, then remove the panel
  4. the top globe is the low beam, remove the connector, then unclip and remove the globe
  5. to refit, do the reverse watching you don't push the rubber grommets out when re-fitting to the pins/posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanx, I think was simple, but don't think normal that this info aren't included in ducati diavel manual!

very thanx

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what a f....ing difficult is to remove the 7 bolt?!?!? the headlamp cannot be separated from the front, there are no connectors to detach the cable!

hope no other bulb I need to change... but we know which is the response:)

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
I generally put some rags on the front fender and let the headlight unit just lay there while I do the work. The only connectors are inside the unit

·
Registered
758 Posts
what a f....ing difficult is to remove the 7 bolt?!?!? the headlamp cannot be separated from the front, there are no connectors to detach the cable!

hope no other bulb I need to change... but we know which is the response:)
Yes there are razorjack, there's two, on the left side of the frame behind head stock. They are mounted on little lugs on frame rails. - undo first before removing cowl. You just have to be careful when sliding headlamp up off its two pegs ; I put a rag between cowl and bar clamp as it 'can' come up suddenly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts