Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner

Has your XDiavel belt shown signs of damage from a rock?

19K views 90 replies 26 participants last post by  XDevil75 
#1 ·
Has your XDiavel belt shown sign of damage?
Has your XDiavel belt shown sign of damage from a rock?
Yes2126.58%
No5873.42%

#82 ·
Had to change my vote, my belt has no signs of rock damage, it's freakin cut all the way!!!

The bike is no longer under warranty (23000 kms in 3 years) and my delaer is 1800 km away...

I'm so pissed of right now

Attachments

#88 ·
update, ducati is covering the belt but not the labor and has to done by a ducati tech

the thing is my dealer is 1800 km away, covid is making a disaster in argentina, send the bike is gonna cost a lot more than the belt, no domestic flights are allowed yet so bringing the tech is not posible yet (and quite expensive)

have to negociate if they could send the belt...

#91 ·
I have had belt damage for over 2 years now, Was a fine crack so I fitted a roland sands open cover hoping that would sort the issue but sadly not and ended up with an even bigger wear grove out of it all the way around so they do not work!! I have now removed the most forward little belt guard to let stones/Rocks out sooner as they look to be getting stuck to the fat sticky rear tyre when hot and fired off down the belt to get stuck. I will run it like this until it snaps or don't see further damage and will replace next year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.