Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Folks. I've been on a relentless quest to make my XDiavel more comfortable. I'm tall and lanky and feel a little too big for the bike. But I've made some changes that are getting me closer:

Installed Ducabike foot control rearward relocators (awesome)
Installed Ducati rearward handlebar (pretty good)
Modified super comfort seat to make it 2" higher (awesome)

Unfortunately, the new handlebar only moved the controls back 1 inch, and I need another inch or two to be comfortable.

Does anybody know of any additional handlebars, or risers, that will work on the XDiavel? If so, I would greatly appreciate hearing. Thanks all!

·
Registered
609 Posts
Hi, Folks. I've been on a relentless quest to make my XDiavel more comfortable. I'm tall and lanky and feel a little too big for the bike. But I've made some changes that are getting me closer:

Installed Ducabike foot control rearward relocators (awesome)
Installed Ducati rearward handlebar (pretty good)
Modified super comfort seat to make it 2" higher (awesome)

Unfortunately, the new handlebar only moved the controls back 1 inch, and I need another inch or two to be comfortable.

Does anybody know of any additional handlebars, or risers, that will work on the XDiavel? If so, I would greatly appreciate hearing. Thanks all!
BellissiMoto.....
Also Japan Webike....
AELLA Aluminum Variable Handlebars (XDiavel).
Randy has a set on his XDiavel. See at the website under "Reviews". I was looking for something else, not handlebars but he said they make a big difference. Very adjustable. See how they install.
I had a similar issue with my Turbo Muscle & I got a set of Burleigh bars from Australia. They cost me $700 USD but they really changed the feel of the bike for the better. I expect the AELLA bars would do the same.
https://www.bellissi...andle-xdiavel-1
https://japan.webike.../AELLA/1044/26/

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, I did come across the Aella bar online. When I studied the image with the dimensions, it looked like I would only get the bars one inch closer than the Ducati bar that I installed.
That being said, that picture you attached will be really helpful for me to see how much further back they are.

·
Registered
33 Posts
The adjustability on the Aella is great, but a simple "bent" style bar is more of what I would want. I too went with the Ducati rearward bar, and I think it could come back a couple more inches.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Like the roxspeed alternative, cheap solution. Would like to hear from anyone that have gone this route, is there enough cable slack that you don't have to re-route any of the cable?

·
Registered
609 Posts
Like the roxspeed alternative, cheap solution. Would like to hear from anyone that have gone this route, is there enough cable slack that you don't have to re-route any of the cable?
Don't know for sure but I'm inclined to think the existing cables could be managed OK. Someone should try these on an XDS and post their findings and pics... lots of pics.....

·
Registered
425 Posts
Darn, and I just bought the rearward bar. I think one inch will be fine for me as I have long arms.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
UPDATE: I tried Rox Risers. They would have worked if not for my Puig Windscreen, but they only would have raised the bar up, not closer to me. So, took the plunge and bought the Aella handlebar, and it's every bit as good as Randy said. So, for those who like numbers, I can tell you this. With a standard set up, the Aella handlebar gets the grips 3 inches closer to you. Also, after I removed the Ducati rearward bar, I laid it on top of the Ducati original bar, and found it brings the grips back slightly less than one inch - a total waste of money.

·
Registered
425 Posts
UPDATE: I tried Rox Risers. They would have worked if not for my Puig Windscreen, but they only would have raised the bar up, not closer to me. So, took the plunge and bought the Aella handlebar, and it's every bit as good as Randy said. So, for those who like numbers, I can tell you this. With a standard set up, the Aella handlebar gets the grips 3 inches closer to you. Also, after I removed the Ducati rearward bar, I laid it on top of the Ducati original bar, and found it brings the grips back slightly less than one inch - a total waste of money.
1 inch worked for me

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
392 Posts
Any re-routing of cables required with the Aella?

·
Registered
609 Posts
Good to hear you're happy with the AELLA bars. I've had some dealings & bought parts & accessories from Bellissimoto before & also spoke to Randy a couple of times. Randy had a Matte Black & Matte Green Xdiavel that he had modified. It's shown in some pics on the page where the AELLA bars are. He told me that the two mods that made the biggest and best differences in feel and handling for the XDiavel were the BST Carbon Fiber wheels and the AELLA handlebars.
My bike already had the Ducati rearward bars on it when I got it so I can't say with any authority if there's much of a difference between the stock bars and the rearward bars. I find the rearward bars are OK but it would be nice if I could get another 1"-2" pullback.
Please post lots of pics of your bike with the AELLA bars because I'm still considering these for myself. I'm especially interested in how the installation went for the handlebar controls. The controls on the stock bars go on just one way because of the collect supports and reference pins that are made into the stock Ducati handlebars. Unlike some other handlebars such as Harleys that keep the controls in place by friction, the Ducati controls are held in place by the collect supports and reference pins. Also, how much space is there where the handlebars are a smaller diameter where the controls are and the mirrors etc.? Those were my main concerns when I was considering the AELLA bars. I wanted the controls to fit right and look good, like they belong on the bike. I didn't want to spend $700-$800 on a set of handlebars that in the end didn't fit properly or look right.

·
Registered
9 Posts
A different thread running on a similar handlebar issue...Vorgue (a Japanese parts manufacturer)
Make handlebars for the xD & Diavel 1260.
Some photos of an XD with the Vorgue bars on (give rider shorter reach to the bars)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts