Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2021 Ducati Diavel 1260 Lamborghini
1,708 Posts
See you @ozzie21 have made some good measurements / comparisons between XD and Diavel 1260 handlebar.
Same situation as you, swap or not swap?

·
Registered
392 Posts
Yes I saw these from Aella last year. I have got a few things before from Bellissimoto. I was talking to Randy from Bellissimoto on the phone a few months ago. He has the Aella bars on his XDiavel. You can see lots of pics of his bike with the Aella bars at the Bellissimoto website. He told me the two mods that made the biggest difference on his XDiavel were the Aella bars and the carbon fiber wheels. I believe the carbon fiber wheels would definitely be a good upgrade because of the significant weight saving, better braking and handling, but one of the things that attracted me to the XDiavel S were the wheels. The carbon fiber wheels also look good but I don't know if I could give up my XDS wheels.
The Aella bars are probably the most rider position adjustable bars that are made. I'm not completely turned off the Diavel 1260 bars yet. It would be nice if I could actually get a set and try them out on my XDS and see how they felt, but it would be a $175 experiment. If I can't find something else I might go for them. I'm in no hurry.
I agree with you about the S wheels. They are just too nice to get rid of even tho the carbon fiber would be a great weight savings.
I don't know if I like the looks of the Aella bars but that adjustability is a nice feature. Too expensive for me to try tho since I'm happy with the rearward bar.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Yeah it’s good they offer both models DucaRicardo. Besides liking the XDS wheels, there was too much flat black on the standard XD for me. I’m old school and addicted to glossy paint. Also I’m lazy and it’s easy to clean. Hell.... I still like chrome. Just not on my Ducati lol.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Excellent instructions Enoch, thanks for sharing! I might have missed if it was mentioned in the thread, but do you have the part numbers for the bar-end weights of 1260? I want to replace my stock XDS with this bar.
Sorry yogxds, I don't have the part number as I made my own bar end weights from some solid aluminium bar I had on the shelf...

That way I could make them to suit my Triumph mirrors..

I suspect the Ducati weights are the same for the Xdiavel and the normal Diavel.... it's just the brass wedges that's are different..

·
Registered
609 Posts
Yeah it's good they offer both models DucaRicardo. Besides liking the XDS wheels, there was too much flat black on the standard XD for me. I'm old school and addicted to glossy paint. Also I'm lazy and it's easy to clean. Hell.... I still like chrome. Just not on my Ducati lol.
Crussell, I'm 100% with you on both the wheels and the Aella bars as well as the amount of chrome on the XD/XDS models. For me, gloss and machined billet is the way to go. I even got the AEM rear pulley that matches the wheels which in my opinion matches the XDiavel S wheel perfectly. Some guys' tastes go the another way and that's fine. It's like when you go to a new housing development and all the houses look the same. Go back 10 years later and they don't anymore. They've been personalized. The same but different. DucaRicardo went a different way on his bike and I can appreciate that. Some things on each of our bikes if moved to the other would look out of place. If both our bikes looked exactly the same that would be too weird anyway. It's all good.
As much as I appreciate the appearance and other advantages (weight, handling, braking etc.) the CF wheels offer, I like my XDS wheels too much. As it is now my XDS is 160 lbs. lighter than my turbo V-Rod Muscle was, which is significant. With the CF wheels and a few other CF additions and mods (some I have already done), I think I could easily make my XDS 200 lbs. lighter, which is really impressive. It's tempting.
XD1262 made a comment that he's feeling the same as me about the handlebars. To change or not to change, that is the question. I took some good measurements when I checked out the Diavel 1260 bars at the dealer and I sat on the bike to get a feel for them. They felt good but with the Diavel 1260 and the XDiavel not being the same I wasn't able to make an exact comparison. For my H-D's if I want to change my handlebars, I have 50-100 or more options. For the XDiavel there aren't so many. I already have the Rearward Handlebar (96280271A), so for any other pullback bars my options are limited to the Diavel 1260 and the Aella bars. At the moment I'm OK and I can live with the bars I have. I'll wait it out and see what the aftermarket might come out with. Maybe Ducati will come out with some rearward bars for the Diavel 1260, but I doubt it.

Attachments

·
Registered
609 Posts
Excellent instructions Enoch, thanks for sharing! I might have missed if it was mentioned in the thread, but do you have the part numbers for the bar-end weights of 1260? I want to replace my stock XDS with this bar.
yogxds, yes you missed it. The part numbers for the correct bushings to fit inside the smaller diameter Diavel 1260 bars was noted earlier in the post from Fenton. The bushings part numbers are;
Bushing 71011071A - 2 ea. required
Bushing 71111301A - 2 ea. required
I made the comment that according to the Ducati of Omaha online parts search the 4 bushings total $60.30 USD, not too expensive, but your dealer probably wouldn't have just the bushings themselves in stock so you'd have to order and wait. If the dealer you buy them from isn't in your home town you'd have to wait longer and pay additional shipping.
There is a dealer where I live but if I went to using the Diavel 1260 handlebars, personally I would just turn down the XDS bushings. They are soft metal and you only need to machine them down just over 3mm. You can probably even do that with hand tools and not even need a lathe.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Sorry yogxds, I don't have the part number as I made my own bar end weights from some solid aluminium bar I had on the shelf...

That way I could make them to suit my Triumph mirrors..

I suspect the Ducati weights are the same for the Xdiavel and the normal Diavel.... it's just the brass wedges that's are different..
I see, thank you Enoch!

·
Registered
60 Posts
yogxds, yes you missed it. The part numbers for the correct bushings to fit inside the smaller diameter Diavel 1260 bars was noted earlier in the post from Fenton. The bushings part numbers are;
Bushing 71011071A - 2 ea. required
Bushing 71111301A - 2 ea. required
I made the comment that according to the Ducati of Omaha online parts search the 4 bushings total $60.30 USD, not too expensive, but your dealer probably wouldn't have just the bushings themselves in stock so you'd have to order and wait. If the dealer you buy them from isn't in your home town you'd have to wait longer and pay additional shipping.
There is a dealer where I live but if I went to using the Diavel 1260 handlebars, personally I would just turn down the XDS bushings. They are soft metal and you only need to machine them down just over 3mm. You can probably even do that with hand tools and not even need a lathe.
Thank you Ozzie for the insight!

I apologize if asking the obvious, but I have no idea about these parts. Why do I need to get 2 of each, are they different parts? Is it that one of each are inserted inside left and right end?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yep, you need one of each part for each bar end.
Badly described ... one is a collar/wedge that the bar end bolt goes through and the other the bolt screws into, also wedge shaped, that when tightened the pair clamp inside the bars.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Got it, thank you Fenton!
That's what I would have said more or less but yogxds has said it just fine...... If the bushings that fit inside the handlebars of your bar end weights are made of a softer metal such as brass/bronze and they are larger OD than the ID of the bars you want to install them in, such as from the XDS bars to the Diavel 1260 bars, you should be able to easily machine or make them smaller to fit the Diavel 1260 bars because the difference is only a bit over 3mm, so grinding/machining a 1.5mm layer will give you the 3mm+ you need.

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
Thanks to all on this thread, I had the handlebar replaced at the dealership during the annual maintenance.

I like how it looks and the width is great, specially in the LA traffic when lane splitting. What I noticed though is the steering is a bit heavier, but it's expected with the narrower bar and definitely not a deal breaker.

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
If you want to make the steering a little lighter, try dropping the yokes 10mm..

I've just done this, and turn in is improved enough for me to tell the difference

41 - 60 of 72 Posts