Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

New here and about to take delivery of my first ever ducati (had numerous other bikes over the years but fancied something different, went to look at hypermotard, but sat on the diavel and fell in love!)

So, i ordered a diavel carbon, red - and should have it friday!

One question / concern i have is the flex in the handlebars?

I realise this could be for anti fatigue / comfort, but, is it a necessary, and has anyone removed it and found results better?

Also considering swapping handlebars for something more moto-x esque, as this is my main background and not sure i can handle the bars so swept back? (Only issue is i'm only short, so could encounter reach issues - this maybe a later mod!)

Any advice is appreciated!

Cheers

·
Registered
79 Posts
The Diavel riding position is 'unusual' but I suggest you put some miles on it first before you jump in with a bar change. It was a bit stange to me initially after a GS but now feels quite natural.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks people!

Yeah, i've opted for the following add ons to start:

Luggage rack / grab rail
Strada pillion backrest (as the mrs has a bad back)

I've also ordered a termi system, but am holding off until first service (600 miles) before i have it fit

I was just surprised by the flexy mount of the handle bars - i know some mx bikes ran this idea for anti fatigue, and i suppose its beneficial, but reckon its going to be something to get used to - i'll take your advice and run with it for now tho, see how it go's!

Are there any niggles or issues to look out for on them? (Like bits falling off due to ducati rattle) or are we on a new breed of italian bike now with the testastretta engines etc? Lol

Cheers people

·
Aspiring to grace and serenity
6,725 Posts
I have never noticed flex in my handlebars. I wonder if they have changed the design, or if the dealer did not install them correctly.

·
Aspiring to grace and serenity
6,725 Posts
Agreed, they are rubber mounted. I just mean that my bars are not noticeably flexy. I had an old Yamaha on which the rubber was worn out, and those bars were noticeably / unpleasantly flexy. Perhaps it's just a matter of personal sensitivity, but if Dibble is really bothered by noticeable flex, I think it might be worth considering my comments above.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I believe there are rubbers under the bar clamps - or that is how it would appear?

I'll update you all on friday when i pick her up!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts