Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the V4 intended to be a stablemate for the 1260 or a replacement? I'd assumed it would be like with the Multistrada and others but that's just not the impression I have lately, not that I have any insight.

If the 1260 continues, when would you expect the B&S option to be retired? To be clear I'm a real fan of B&S but still too early in my riding career for one just yet.

Finally, any wild speculation on the possibility of upgrading a 1260 with a V4 display?

· Super Moderator
2021 Ducati Diavel 1260 Lamborghini
1,789 Posts
The production of the 1260 are done/ finish.(end sometimes back in September/ October-22) So if the the Dealer have any in stock, buyers have to go to the second hand marked. The V4 are taking over.

I doubt the will be any upgrade for the dash from Ducati and the marked will be to small for other brand fir looking into it.

Reactions: cs363

· Registered
32 Posts
That hurts. The B&S was absolutely iconic in design but the V4 has zero appeal.

Well, there's $30k saved.
I had the same hope as you and my original plan was to order in october this year a 2023 Diavel 1260S.
I also didnt expect that hey will totally stop it but since they did I changed my plan and bought a 2022 Diavel 1260S.

I have also talked with the dealer here in Norway about this and he said this is mainly due to emission requirements etc, Ducati doesnt manage new requirements with big V2 engines so I guess the 2022 Diavel 1260 will be the last big V2 engine from Ducati.

Anyway I heared recently that on the US ducati website the the 1260S is still there for configuration and order, on the european web sites it has been completely removed.

· Super Moderator
1,789 Posts
I have also talked with the dealer here in Norway about this and he said this is mainly due to emission requirements etc, Ducati doesnt manage new requirements with big V2 engines so I guess the 2022 Diavel 1260 will be the last big V2 engine from Ducati.
Yes, the world will be deceived. The V4 will have increased fuel consumption compared to the 1260. So perhaps a more environmentally friendly V4 engine, but we have to pay the price in the form of more petrol refills.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Anyway I heared recently that on the US ducati website the the 1260S is still there for configuration and order, on the european web sites it has been completely removed.
Yes, it is; that's why I was confused about it continuing. I wish I could but I can't justify buying one now just to have it sit unused for six-nine months until I'm ready. It's a gorgeous bike, one of only two designs that I love just for their own sake, and impressively powerful, unlike that second design. I guess I got into motorcycles a year too late.

· Registered
32 Posts
Yes, it is; that's why I was confused about it continuing. I wish I could but I can't justify buying one now just to have it sit unused for six-nine months until I'm ready. It's a gorgeous bike, one of only two designs that I love just for their own sake, and impressively powerful, unlike that second design. I guess I got into motorcycles a year too late.
Yeah its a shame that they have stopped producing it and I understand your problem but 6-9 months will pass very fast.

I also had to make a quick decision back in october so mine is also standing in my garage for winter storage now until earliest april so almost 6 months. Have to admit that I am rather much in the garage these days :)

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Maybe if I could be certain my feelings won't change in the interim. I haven't seen a B&S in person, just a Diavel in black and red (the other 1260 S option?) which didn't really make me feel anything.

I really hope the B&S designer will be put to work replacing the V4 designer so I'll have something else to aspire to. There's no way I'm paying $6k to correct that tumor of an exhaust, not to mention the other styling errors.

· Registered
322 Posts
I think the V2 is "dead" unfortunately, the new V4 seem to be made for a different crowd that the old owners.
Maybe in an attempt to boost sales for a niche model.

I was also thinking about trading in my 2020 for a new one in 2023 while mine still had the extended warranty, but the V4 is not for me so I'll keep the 1260s.

I got into bikes in 2014, the Gen II Diavel was my dream bike, but I felt it was too expensive for a first bike so I went with a Yamaha MT-07, rode that for a season, sold it and got a BMW S1000R, after 4 years I was thinking about getting something a little more comfortable.
I sat on a Diavel 1260 at a bike show in 2019 and it "just felt right", then a guy asked me October 2019 if I wanted to sell the S1000R, I said yes, but it took another 4-5 months for him to pull the trigger.
Just before Easter 2020 I was without a bike just as the season was about to start, heard rumors of a Red 1260S at the Ducati dealer, so I drove up (110km), had a look, did some thinking and bought it.
Haven't regretted that for a second.

· Registered
32 Posts
Maybe if I could be certain my feelings won't change in the interim. I haven't seen a B&S in person, just a Diavel in black and red (the other 1260 S option?) which didn't really make me feel anything.

I really hope the B&S designer will be put to work replacing the V4 designer so I'll have something else to aspire to. There's no way I'm paying $6k to correct that tumor of an exhaust, not to mention the other styling errors.
Actually I think the Diavel V4 doesn't look so bad in general, ok the exhaust is a total disaster but otherwise its not bad because some small things you can change like mirrors etc. For me the total no go is the V4 engine instead of V2.

I thought at first to buy a red black Diavel 1260S because its more classic Ducati but I fell in love with the Black & Steel the moment I saw it.

Tire Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Wheel Vehicle

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Tire Wheel Helmet Motorcycle Automotive tire

· Registered
1,054 Posts
The production of the 1260 are done/ finish.(end sometimes back in September/ October-22) So if the the Dealer have any in stock, buyers have to go to the second hand marked. The V4 are taking over.

I doubt the will be any upgrade for the dash from Ducati and the marked will be to small for other brand fir looking into it.
, checked my local dealership and they are taking a preorder for a 2023 diavel 1260 black and steel. Checked another Canadian dealer and same thing. Maybe it just depends on what dealer you go with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
, checked my local dealership and they are taking a preorder for a 2023 diavel 1260 black and steel. Checked another Canadian dealer and same thing. Maybe it just depends on what dealer you go with.
That's encouraging but strange in view of the report that the 1260's no longer listed for sale in Europe. My local dealer said they're being closed out; another is taking deposits for 2023 models, and a third claims to have 2023 B&S models in stock.

WTH?

· Super Moderator
1,789 Posts
, checked my local dealership and they are taking a preorder for a 2023 diavel 1260 black and steel. Checked another Canadian dealer and same thing. Maybe it just depends on what dealer you go with
I would like to think it is due to regional differences. In Scandinavia / Europe only V4 will be available

· Registered
71 Posts
Seems ironic that the V4 claims to have lower emissions yet consumes more fuel. Defies rational explanation doesn't it ?

And unlike other detuned engines (BMW and Japanese), the Multi and Diavel V4s have regular valves instead of Desmo like the Panigale/Monster, so it would seem difficult/expensive to get it back to those levels of power and redline.

If it had the Panigale motor and sounded like the Aprilla V4, the V4 Diavel would a great bike.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts