Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everybody,

So today was the day I was to ride the new Diavel out of the Dealership,

Got there on time and the gleaming bike was waiting.
The sales guys were all smiles and all the final payments and paperwork completed in 30 Minutes Flat.
They pour the first 3 Litres of Fuel into the bike and give it a cank.

The bike dosent start, they try again, and again for 15 Minutes.. Same thing, the bike cranks over but no start!!

They apologise and ask me to wait a while till they sort it out.
They come back in 30 Minutes and tell me that they can figure it out and that they request that i come across in the evening.
I call them iat 3 and they give me the news:- "Sorry the fuel pump is not working, we will have to ask for a replacement and this will take about two weeks". WHAT !!!!

They say yes sir, we are very sorry but this is the third bike we have sold recently where we have had this issue.

So here I am back home with no bike and wondering,How can it be? This can't be normal, How can this happen on a new bike ? Am i the only one? or are there others out there.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Sorry to hear. In reply to your question, I haven't heard any reports about defective fuel pumps on new Diavels being sold in my area. In fact, I picked up my bike the end of February and it was perfect. Good luck and I hope you get it sorted out quickly.

·
Registered
326 Posts
The dealer charges you prep, the least that they could of done, especially they set up the date for you to pick up.. Was to actually get it prepped for you... This would include cranking the bike over to make sure all is good for delivery, your bubble wouldnt of been popped if they have done that and save themselves some embarrassing moment
That is odd that they went on to tell you it happened to 3 other bikes... I kind of doubt that, because if there was truth in it, and saw a pattern they definitely would of tried to get it started prior to your delivery date, and the dealer would of demanded parts to be overnighted or something... Bottom line your dealer sucks.. Cancel the order go somewhere else

Just like big daddy stated no problems , and I took delivery on mine last Saturday

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Leo, agree with you completely. The dealer sucks. Unfortunately ,here where I live, there are 4 dealers and all of them seem to be in the same league.
What I'm really interested to understand is: why did the pump fail? Was it something that the dealer did wrong or are they manufacturing defects. Somehow I feel that this dealer is doing something wrong and messing up the pumps. Is that possible

·
Drop Bear Slayer
8,437 Posts
That dealer is full of shit, and they didn't do even the most basic pre delivery check!!!
1/ Unpack bike
2/ Check oil
3/ Start motor!
4/ ...

·
Registered
326 Posts
Leo, agree with you completely. The dealer sucks. Unfortunately ,here where I live, there are 4 dealers and all of them seem to be in the same league.
What I'm really interested to understand is: why did the pump fail? Was it something that the dealer did wrong or are they manufacturing defects. Somehow I feel that this dealer is doing something wrong and messing up the pumps. Is that possible
Really sorry for your experience
I truly doubt Ducati sent out 3 bikes with bad pumps.. But maybe QC sucks at Ducati as well
electric fuel pumps are fused maybe that's bad or purposely left out to avoid dry running. The dealer should have some sort of checklist
As Coop stated none of the basics were performed and says a ton about the establishment ....this should of been sorted out prior to your arrival..... I don't know about you.. But my confidence for this dealer would be out the window
Again take your money go somewhere else. God knows what will " not work next time"

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Really sorry for your experience
I truly doubt Ducati sent out 3 bikes with bad pumps.. But maybe QC sucks at Ducati as well
electric fuel pumps are fused maybe that's bad or purposely left out to avoid dry running. The dealer should have some sort of checklist
As Coop stated none of the basics were performed and says a ton about the establishment ....this should of been sorted out prior to your arrival..... I don't know about you.. But my confidence for this dealer would be out the window
Again take your money go somewhere else. God knows what will " not work next time"
You get he's in India, right? Where there are three dealers in the whole country?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sonic Duck:- Dealers are in Mumbai, Bangalore, Goa and Chandigarh.

Im Going today to get the Bike. as the dealer said he's swaping a pump !!!

Keeping My fingers crossed.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts