Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
61 - 80 of 98 Posts

· Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Right, this wouldn't be for you. This would be for those travelling on their Diavel. Like when I ran 8 hours to ride the Tail of the Dragon. I guess I could just shit all over this thread and say I could have just drove my jeep there instead and even had a cup holder

· Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Everyone has a right to an opinion but constant replies on why fuel mileage don't apply to you including one about how you have another bike to fulfill your traveling needs goes beyond an opinion. I believe I stated from the beginning that I was doing this solely for the benefit of those who choose to take longer trips on their Diavel. I don't care about daily fuel economy either but know how going from one riding extreme to the next could potentially effect consumption may matter to those making their plans on a trip. Especially if traveling at night in areas where open fuel stations are iffy at best. Knowing you could ride a certain way and get another 20 miles out of a tank could come in handy.

I'm not not quite sure how opinion is even a consideration for this type of post unless you were stating an opinion on the methodology or the best way to achieve these results.

Coming on this topic and repeating the fact that this in no way concerns you, your riding style or interests seems a bit rude.

· Registered
118 Posts
One thing I did to mess around with gas mileage... I kept the revs up a bit higher than I normally do... This is the first time Ive gotten over 100 miles before the light came on. I got 125 out of it this go round... Don't know if it was a fluke or not, I think Ill go experiment this weekend for a couple of hundred miles. Ive got the Strada version, and am going to attempt a little trip here when it cools off in a couple of months. Riding when its over about 92 is just not much fun for me.

· Registered
2,296 Posts
One thing I did to mess around with gas mileage... I kept the revs up a bit higher than I normally do... This is the first time Ive gotten over 100 miles before the light came on. I got 125 out of it this go round... Don't know if it was a fluke or not, I think Ill go experiment this weekend for a couple of hundred miles. Ive got the Strada version, and am going to attempt a little trip here when it cools off in a couple of months. Riding when its over about 92 is just not much fun for me.
Take the shield off until it gets cooler, it works wonders for me.

· Sir Fred the Flatulent
9,850 Posts
I found around 3500-4500 in 3rd and up get's the best fuel mileage.

I like to play while riding.
I also like hooking up my GPS to compare speeds and it also finds the nearest gas stations.

I like getting gas shortly after 100 miles tho'.

· Registered
118 Posts
In towns and around I would "short shift" and try to keep it in the 3200 -3500 range... I was always looking at right at 100 miles before my gas light came on... Past two tanks I shift around 4200 - 4500, and I get an extra 25 miles before the light comes on.

I also got the Rexxer tune for the Remus can today.. I did have a Comp workes cannister and that was what the Rexxer map was initially tuned for ... NICE change! No backfiring, no surging, smooth as glass, and hauls ass... Rode back home and averaged around 80 mph, and it was super. It was H o T too... Temp said it was 89 - 107... engine temp hovered around 205-210...

· Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
32.45 with hard riding on this tank without paying attention to Rev range. Computer said 37.6 average. I just remembered to reset trip 2 like it was suggested earlier to see if my trip computer gets more accurate.

· Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Reset both trip meters and riding hard I got 29.7mpg but the computer read almost 37. It seems it's always optimistic by 5-7mpg...

So as far as my bike is concerned I lose about 10mpg riding hard. I get my 14 tooth put on next week. Looking forward to the results.

· Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
I'm sorry, let me make a bunch of off topic, retarded posts smacking each other on the ass to be universally accepted and not have people constantly invade a Goddamn post I made specifically on fuel economy to make remarks completely unrelated to the topic.

You and Johnno are outstanding moderators.

Well, it was a fun couple of years here but you mods are too much. Enjoy your circle Jerk.

· Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
It's not sensitivity when you two are constantly on the passive aggressive attack. It's called being fed up with your lack of anything substantial to anything you deem as not worthy. Instead of passing along you constantly find the need to be condescending.

When you're called out on it you cower out of addressing it by saying those who have issues are just too thin skinned. You're supposed to be moderating individuals from derailing and wrecking threads but it seems you two are the major contributors to it.

· Sir Fred the Flatulent
9,850 Posts
vent it brother....do what you gotta do...
I'm not going to explain myself to you...it's the internet.

This is a fun and informative place......take it for what it's worth.....there are lots of personalities here.........accept it or leave it....that's what i will do.

61 - 80 of 98 Posts