Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
41 - 60 of 98 Posts

· Registered
2,296 Posts
126 us miles until fuel light came on. I'm refueling on the way home tomorrow to see actual mpg but the computer is reading an average of 46mpg
In a US Diavel I've found the gas light comes on after exactly 3 gallons of fuel is used from a full tank. So your average is actually 42mpg. Pretty good still.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

· Registered
49 Posts
Having ridden my gen2 now for around two weeks,not trying to be careful I am very similar to yohji. I thought I was close to empty quite a few times too toughnut, but most I could put into tank was almost 13 litres. So I wonder if the suggested fill level is the issue, is 17 the capacity if filled to absolute brim? And we never actually have 17 in the tank.

· Registered
125 Posts
As an experiment, I left the bike in Urban mode for a couple of tanks full of gas to see if gas mileage would be affected. I usually keep the bike in Touring mode. I have also never actually calculated the gas mileage from odometer and gallons refilled before today.

Anectodally, my bike appears to get a little better fuel efficiency in Urban mode as compared to Touring mode on my normal commuting rides. Per the display today, I got 37+ mpg. I normally see the cumulative consumption in the low 30s mpg on commuting tanks full.

However, my own calculation showed 34.14 mpg. I am surprised that the display is not accurate.

Keytickler

· Registered
110 Posts
Don't really trust the indicator and what they say in the manual. Confusing at best ...

Still like to rely on the good old simple calculation (distance divided by fuel pumped in) = fuel economy (km/L)

· Registered
110 Posts
Update on fuel consumption.

- Travelled 247.9KM (already in reserved fuel)
- Filled up 13.10L
- Fuel economy 18.2KM/L
- 80% on highways
- Tyre pressure 36 front 42 rear

It has improved once again. But this week I rode the bike more gently. Still in Sport mode though.

· Registered
110 Posts
That's exception economy Yohji.

Yeah boy! Sometimes I was worried whether the reserved light is faulty. But it came on eventually LOL

I'll try to ride the bike harder after my 1000km service and let's see

· Registered
1,137 Posts
Second tank done that I got a total of 124 miles out of while riding decently hard on and a couple of traffic jams with an average of 33mpg. Computer was reading 39

My computer fuel mileage is off by a good bit no matter how I ride it seems.

· Registered
110 Posts
Second tank done that I got a total of 124 miles out of while riding decently hard on and a couple of traffic jams with an average of 33mpg. Computer was reading 39

My computer fuel mileage is off by a good bit no matter how I ride it seems.
I don't bother reading the on-board stuff. I do my own simple manual calculations

· Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Sounds all well and good to put fuel in when the light comes on but if you're on a trip with questionable fuel stations it helps knowing whether the on board computer is giving you accurate information. Going from 33 to 40 mpg can mean the difference between riding to the next fuel point or walking.

Obviously this doesn't matter for those that only ride in known conditions but we've seen more than one or two who actually take trips on their Diavel.

41 - 60 of 98 Posts