Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I painted my silver calipers red to match the bike, now I'm trying to bleed the calipers and have no brakes at all, lots of air I'm assuming in the system, the caliper pistons are pushed in completely, I'm getting fluid and air out of the bleeder but no pressure on the lever and the pads aren't coming out against the rotors, the system did go empty while the calipers were off, so basically I'm asking how do I get the air out of the system?
Tire Wheel Motorcycle Vehicle Crankset

·
Super Moderator
2021 Ducati Diavel 1260 Lamborghini
1,644 Posts
I suppose you have "empty " the system before painting and also got the stock fluid reservoir? Therefore lots of air in the system
You have to start first bleeding the master cylinder, it's a "secret " bleeding screw inside the reservoir. And so go on with the brake caliper.

May try to search for the topic, already threads about this topic.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok bled the master thru it's reservoir bleeder screw & it worked pistons came out properly, then bled the calipers and it's all good, wish they would have colored the calipers from the factory it looks SO MUCH BETTER in red to match the bike, but I guess Brembo does that cause my V rod had silver calipers also. So thank you Ghorgon63

·
Super Moderator
2021 Ducati Diavel 1260 Lamborghini
1,644 Posts
Your welcome. Nice to hear it worked out for you.

Diavel 1260 Lambo edition & Xdiavel Nera comes with red Brembo M50 calipers, but way expensive to bought new. Agree with you that red looks good on your carbon red bike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts