Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi has anyone made the footpeg conversion for the ducati x diavel, to the forward foot pegs of the s?

I think I'm right in saying the forward position footpegs are standard on the s model but not on the standard x?

Cheers Shane

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are several. All xdiavel have foward controls. The diavel does not.
Thank you, the bike I'm looking to purchase is a 2016 Ducati x diavel with mid centre footpegs.

So looking to change to front pegs, you say there are several kits to achieve this?

Thank you

·
Super Moderator
2021 Ducati Diavel 1260 Lamborghini
1,708 Posts
Do you not got the stock forwarded footpegs with you when buying the bike? Those the last owner removed when mounted mid pegs?

Otherwise, Ducabike, CNC Racing and AEM Factory have some nice one, to change out the stock.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you not got the stock forwarded footpegs with you when buying the bike? Those the last owner removed when mounted mid pegs?

Otherwise, Ducabike, CNC Racing and AEM Factory have some nice one, to change out the stock.
Hi & thankyou very much for the information, this is much appreciated.

Sadly the bike shop I'm purchasing do not have any parts with the bike. I've asked if they could contact the seller to see if he has them to sell, but no response as yet.

But if no luck, I can look at the companies you've kindly provided. Or maybe someone on here may have some for sale?? You never know

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I agree with the previous post has stated. Ride the bike first. I came from front forward controls and went to mid controls. What I’ve noticed is with mid controls it’s a lot easier to manoeuvre the bike in the turns and a lot comfier in riding position. I was so against mid controls in the beginning but since having it on it’s been more of an enjoyable ride for me. Btw, depending on the type of mid controls. I have the ducabike mids and I had to use the right side support, some various parts from the forward controls to complete the mid controls. Best bet is to buy all the parts new for the front forward setup so no parts are missing .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
391 Posts
With forward controls, I find it comfy for short journeys I do, but its hard to take weight off butt and and can't lift your body or anything. Big bumps in road go right up your back to! Mine is on position closest to rider to, think I need a longer gear shift rod if wanted to move more forwards not sure if ever got that from dealer back in 2016.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Prior to my X Diavel, I previously rode a Super Sport. At my age, my body kept telling I needed to change riding position due to crapped knees, back and carpal tunnel in the wrists while my brain told me I would not enjoy an upright riding position. I followed my body and purchased a 2016 X Diavel S in 2017 as a new leftover in the winter without riding it. After the purchase, the salesman informed me there were (3) different foot peg positions and due to being vertically challenged he said I would most likely prefer the rearward position. He ask me to sit on another bike with the foot pegs in the rearward position of the (3) front locations. As I sat on and tipped the bike upright, I proceeded to find the foot peg beneath me with my foot. My foot went straight to the ground and I had the "What in the hell did I just buy?" look on my face. I told the salesman "This is NOT going to work." I had Rizoma's rear set control kit, P/N PE220B, installed and they changed the bike and I could not be happier. The foot pegs in the kit are flat and I changed them to Rizoma's B-Pro, P/N PE630B, which are round so you can roll your foot to shift and brake.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts