Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Unprofessional Diavelist
1,154 Posts
So I have a dilemma, should have thought of it earlier but what the hell...

I just received some nice shiny new HP Corse Factory exhaust, now sitting in a box in my living room. On my Diavel, I have stock headers that have turned some shade between brown and bronze in 4000 miles.

Obviously, I don't want this mutt mix on my Ducati.

I've considered cleaning the stock Diavel header, but I am concerned about it discoloring again, giving me a dual-colored exhaust effect "mutt mix" that I do not want.

I then called jet-hot coatings (thanks ODG) and asked if they can color match my headers to the HP Corse pipe with a ceramic coating. They said that their silver is much more shiny, looking more like a polished pipe than ceramic coated. A bit too Harleyish for my taste.

I am now thinking ..

(A) have the stock headers and entire brand new HP Corse pipes ceramic coated some solid color other than silver, such as black, or (???)

(B) keep calling more ceramic coating shops, to see if one can do a matte silver on my headers to match the HP Corse matte silver

(C) what are my other options? Did you run into this, and if so, what did you do?

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Even if you do find a matte silver, I'm pretty sure you will never get a match that you will be happy with. If it were me, I would pick a colour I liked and get it the whole exhaust coated.

·
Unprofessional Diavelist
1,154 Posts
I have the same model as you. The guy that did my headers in black, offers some shades that would blend nicely wtih the HP Corse. Another member (El Diablo) has the same bike/pipes and was considering doing the same.

Let me know if want the ceramic guy's number.
Yeah - you can PM me if you like, I'll give him a call. Either way I'm looking at shipping this thing somewhere, unless there's a local guy but without a referral, I don't trust most businesses in South Florida.

·
Unprofessional Diavelist
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Even if you do find a matte silver, I'm pretty sure you will never get a match that you will be happy with. If it were me, I would pick a colour I liked and get it the whole exhaust coated.
That's what I was kind of thinking. We'll see if this ceramic guy can do better, but I'm still looking at black headers fading into silver pipes .... not 100% on that.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts

·
Unprofessional Diavelist
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Carlos and ODG, I'll give them both a call and see what my options are for matching or doing the whole thing.

I happen to really like the look of the HP Corse, so my #1 choice is to match the headers to it. If that is too hard, and will end up two differenent colors, I would rather do the whole thing in one color.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Thanks Carlos and ODG, I'll give them both a call and see what my options are for matching or doing the whole thing.

I happen to really like the look of the HP Corse, so my #1 choice is to match the headers to it. If that is too hard, and will end up two differenent colors, I would rather do the whole thing in one color.
If the HP Corse had been available I would of bought them. They are amazing. Make sure you post some pictures after the install.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts