Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey

I'm about to buy a Diavel and it will most likely be the new Dark version (since the Carbon Black is discontinued, and I do love matt black). I've seen that a few people on this forum has picked up their Dark's, so I'm wondering what their thoughts are so far. Like, how is the paint job, does it scratch easily, any special advice on cleaning it, how is the new seat (same as Cromo?), etc.

I've done a short test ride on a '11 Carbon Red but haven't seen the Dark IRL yet (but I've found a dealer with one in store so planning to go check it out soon).

Would love to see more photos and videos of the Dark! Maybe it's just too stealthy

Cheers!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It has always been there (choose Carbon version and then click colors). But both my dealer and several internet sites says it's not available for 2013. And here in Sweden there are no 2012 CB's on sale, only a few 2011...

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Hey

I'm about to buy a Diavel and it will most likely be the new Dark version (since the Carbon Black is discontinued, and I do love matt black). I've seen that a few people on this forum has picked up their Dark's, so I'm wondering what their thoughts are so far. Like, how is the paint job, does it scratch easily, any special advice on cleaning it, how is the new seat (same as Cromo?), etc.

I've done a short test ride on a '11 Carbon Red but haven't seen the Dark IRL yet (but I've found a dealer with one in store so planning to go check it out soon).

Would love to see more photos and videos of the Dark! Maybe it's just too stealthy

Cheers!
Just go for it!!! If you like matt black, you have got just the bike you want in the new black.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Just 2 weeks old but I live this bike. Looks great and is the easiest bike to clean. The parts guy at the Ducati dealer said to go to HD and picky up a spray bottle of the Harley Denim cleaner and it works great. 10 minutes and the bike goes from dirty to mint! I hear Windex works well too.

As for scratches, too early to tell, but so far so good.

I shot a quick vid yesterday and will try and post up later, but for now here is a pic. Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just 2 weeks old but I live this bike. Looks great and is the easiest bike to clean. The parts guy at the Ducati dealer said to go to HD and picky up a spray bottle of the Harley Denim cleaner and it works great. 10 minutes and the bike goes from dirty to mint! I hear Windex works well too.

As for scratches, too early to tell, but so far so good.

I shot a quick vid yesterday and will try and post up later, but for now here is a pic. View attachment 6349
Thanks for the feedback! I look forward to the video (and maybe more photos?)

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
It has always been there (choose Carbon version and then click colors). But both my dealer and several internet sites says it's not available for 2013. And here in Sweden there are no 2012 CB's on sale, only a few 2011...
Well actually it was off for a while then went back on but I haven't checked with any dealers here so you would know better than me.
Good luck with whatever you choose.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.