Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bike is about to run out of manufacturer's warranty. Has anyone in Australia purchased an extended warranty on their bike/bikes? I rang Fraser Motorcycles the Australian Ducati Importers and they told me that Swann Insurance provides extended warranty. $1000 for 3 years for their 5 star warranty. Maximum amount per claim is $5000, unlimited claims.

Has anyone purchased an extended warranty on their bikes? If yes, would you recommend it?

I'm unsure if a full Termy system will void this warranty. According to Swann this will void the warranty and I shouldn't purchase this warranty as the Termis increase the power of the bike from the manufacturer's power figures. Fraser Motorcycles told me it won't void the warranty and that the guy from Swann doesn't know. Frasier's also said that the extended warranty won't cover the Termi or if the Termi will cause other part to fail. This is very different advice from Swann.

I'm confused as hell.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would be listening to Swann - they are the ones that will approve your claim, not Frasers...

Generally the extended warranty has a lot of restrictions as to who and where you can take the bike to in any area so you need to check all that out before going ahead.

I would suggest just having some sort of roadside assist in case of breakdowns though...

·
expert member
3,211 Posts
Hard call, generally they are considered a joke in the industry, but some people have had good success. There's a guy on facebook now who has just found the shiftdrum issue outside of warranty, duc will cover parts but have quoted him $3500 labour.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have never had a extended warranty pay for a repair always an out it seems if Ducati offered one you might consider it

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
Hard call, generally they are considered a joke in the industry, but some people have had good success. There's a guy on facebook now who has just found the shiftdrum issue outside of warranty, duc will cover parts but have quoted him $3500 labour.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts