Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
206 Posts
I inherited the Evotech tail Tidy fitted to my 2012 Full Carbon when I purchased it, a standard plate size (9x7inches) fits perfectly fine without getting near the rear tyre even with a passenger. My concern was that a full plate size (UK) on the Evotech did obscure the rear lights quite a bit. Luckily I had the original grab rail with the reflector as well. As I posted elsewhere on the forum, I have since replaced the Evotech with the Competition Werkes licence plate which fits directly to the original grab rail (with some drilling) and sits between the rear lights - I have also had a custom size plate (almost legal) made for this [have never been stopped or questioned by the way] but when I have pillion on board the plate on the Comp Werkes does foul the rear tyre so my solution is to have both the Evotech an Comp Werkes grab rails removable by adapting the grab rail mechanism and with some wire bullet connectors for the LED so that I can easily swap when I want to take a pillion. I have posted some pics but happy to post again if you want to see.

· Registered
630 Posts
Hello, has anyone fitted an Evotech Performance Registration Number Bracket (Tail Tidy) to their Diavel? Will it fit if you have the Ducati passenger grabrail and backrack fitted?? Thanks
Yes, I have had this tail tidy on both my Gen 1 and Gen 2 bikes. You simply have to understand what the law says about plate size. It is possible to get a smaller than standard plate size that is perfectly legal and that does not obscure the rear lights. 7" x 6.5" is the smallest legal plate size you can get, it is not the plate size that is the determinant but the letter size and spacing. Speak to Greg at Demon Plates.

· Registered
206 Posts
cookrwc is correct about size of letters in the UK however I have been stopped twice before with my z thou - the first time the copper had run out of tickets thankfully I got away with it the second was on the ACE Cafe Brighton Burn Up weekend, I did get nicked with £60 fine thankfully no points, I was given a full "vehicle condition notice" with a warning that if caught again with an illegal plate I would have my personalised number taken away!

I had to prove that I had replaced the wrong plate with a proper one ( which I did for just enough time to take a picture... he he ) - the information that DVLA sent me had a full description of the law, from what I recall the plate HAS to be the right size 9x7, letters 65mm minimum and separated by a minimum of 10mm with a border of no less than 10mm the plate must have the details of the makers, suppliers or garage and a BSI kite mark - single line registration plates are not permitted on motorcycles - I think all but the latter and plate size if blatantly tiny you should get away with it that is unless you get a jobs worth copper stop you then who knows.... we all know there are some out there

Also forgot to say about the tail tidies - there are no reflectors on either of mine so for an MOT when you need one you will have to get a stick on reflector (I usually put one on just for the test then remove them after).

· Registered
630 Posts
cookrwc is correct about size of letters in the UK however I have been stopped twice before with my z thou - the first time the copper had run out of tickets thankfully I got away with it the second was on the ACE Cafe Brighton Burn Up weekend, I did get nicked with £60 fine thankfully no points, I was given a full "vehicle condition notice" with a warning that if caught again with an illegal plate I would have my personalised number taken away!

I had to prove that I had replaced the wrong plate with a proper one ( which I did for just enough time to take a picture... he he ) - the information that DVLA sent me had a full description of the law, from what I recall the plate HAS to be the right size 9x7, letters 65mm minimum and separated by a minimum of 10mm with a border of no less than 10mm the plate must have the details of the makers, suppliers or garage and a BSI kite mark - single line registration plates are not permitted on motorcycles - I think all but the latter and plate size if blatantly tiny you should get away with it that is unless you get a jobs worth copper stop you then who knows.... we all know there are some out there

Also forgot to say about the tail tidies - there are no reflectors on either of mine so for an MOT when you need one you will have to get a stick on reflector (I usually put one on just for the test then remove them after).
The only thing that's wrong about this is that you shouldn't have to prove squat. The burden of proof is generally on the law to prove their case not on you. Unfortunately not all police know the law. I remember the first time a police officer came to visit my house to check the security for my firearm (a pistol in this case - this was before Dunblane) - didn't have a clue how to handle a firearm far less check the security of one. That said, I've come across officers who are real experts and enthusiasts. The thing is not to expect everyone to be on the top of their game.

· Registered
206 Posts
I may not have written that very clearly but what I have to prove was that I had a regulation plate fitted after I got nicked, sent off a picture and signed a declaration to say I would not do it again...................................... well it lasted 5 mins........he he .

· Registered
1,429 Posts
HI,Does anyone know if these type of rear under seat rear holders work on a Strada model / one with the grab rails?
Thanks..

· Registered
1 Posts
I inherited the Evotech tail Tidy fitted to my 2012 Full Carbon when I purchased it, a standard plate size (9x7inches) fits perfectly fine without getting near the rear tyre even with a passenger. My concern was that a full plate size (UK) on the Evotech did obscure the rear lights quite a bit. Luckily I had the original grab rail with the reflector as well. As I posted elsewhere on the forum, I have since replaced the Evotech with the Competition Werkes licence plate which fits directly to the original grab rail (with some drilling) and sits between the rear lights - I have also had a custom size plate (almost legal) made for this [have never been stopped or questioned by the way] but when I have pillion on board the plate on the Comp Werkes does foul the rear tyre so my solution is to have both the Evotech an Comp Werkes grab rails removable by adapting the grab rail mechanism and with some wire bullet connectors for the LED so that I can easily swap when I want to take a pillion. I have posted some pics but happy to post again if you want to see.
Please do as I’ve just bought evotec tail tidy but haven’t a clue how to fit

· Registered
32 Posts
Hi,

I think the above picture is maybe not correct, at least not for a 2019-2022 Diavel because then it looks like this
Body jewelry Gesture Tie Jewellery Earrings

I have this version on my 2022 Black and steel and it looks like this. No problems with a norwegian license plate and they are also rather big
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Helmet Motorcycle Automotive tire

Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle

1 - 13 of 13 Posts