Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Aspiring to grace and serenity
6,726 Posts
Disconnect the battery. Wait 15 minutes. Connect battery.

·
6,726 Posts
An easier thing to try first: Remove the fuse for the instrument panel (see your manual). Check the fuse. If it is good, plug it in again.

·
6,726 Posts
... or simply remove and reinstall all the fuse, one-by-one. I think the instrument panel fuse is 10 amp.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Or if that does not work, you may have the same problem as i had.

Trace the wire from that display, they run down on a left hand side next to the fork into the ECU. See if the wire is damaged right where your fork meets the frame. It looks like your steering bar was changed and that wire may have been not secured properly, and got damaged when turning.

Once you locate it,and if it looks like it has damage, cut the main wire housing open where its damaged, there are i believe 7 or 10 thin wires inside (if i remember correctly ) check them all one by one. Splice and reconnect if necessary whatever looks broken.

6 of my wires where broken, one of them looked fine from out side, thin housing was still intact, but the wire itself was damaged inside. Reconnected everything, taped it, and secured to the frame, it has been over 6 months now and no problems. I had the same error code on my display when it happened it would go on and off. So just maybe you have the same....

Before you cut main wire housing make sure there is some visible damage to it, and play with the wire (bend it) to see if there is any changes on dissplay, so that you dont start cutting things for nothing.Good luck, let us know what the problem was.

I can post a pic of where the wire is and where mine broke if you cant find it let me know.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Also check that a previous owner hasnt fitted a HID headlight and the ballast may be faulty. If so unplug replace the fuse and fit a standard bulb back in. Happened to me and a friends Diavel. Worrying but easily curable

·
Registered
103 Posts
So, I had the Err NAS issue pop up several days ago, luckily not too far from home. I had just filled the gas tank, and when I went to initiate the starter, I got no starter, then the funky Christmas tree light sequence, then the Err NAS display. Unlike some others (evidently), my starter would not fire, and cycling the red button (even with the key fob set on the lower dash, my usual "fix" location) would not do anything.

Pushing the PIN start button would re-start the light show (including a flickering LED strip in the headlight), then the same error display. Never got to the point of inputting the PIN#.

I trailered it home and it sat until today. Meanwhile, I searched the forum here and read everything I could find (and was utterly dismayed to find that Err NAS isn't a recognized error with a known cause). Previous "fixes" have apparently included:
1) Do nothing. Await magic.
2) Check fuses.
3) Disconnect battery and wait.
4) Check wiring from upper dash down into the frame/ECU.
5) Check ballast for HID headlight.

Today, no response to either the key or the PIN button, so #1 didn't work.

Pulled all fuses - no issues - so #2 is not it.

Pulled battery and put it on a charger. Charger indicator says it's low, so I'm now waiting for it to fully charge (maybe/hopefully low battery condition led to some kind of power surge/computer freeze?)

Did some wire tracing, but of course, it's tight in there, and I'm not really sure what to look for...? Also seems like those who have done this have found it pretty simple/straightforward? It's pretty intimidating to me / would probably be something I leave to the dealer/tech.

By the way, no electric mods on my bike (no HID headlight/ballast) - only carbon parts and a battery tender cable.

Sad...I've had kind of a rough week, and I don't need a big repair bill right now...and of course it's a gorgeous day / long weekend, when I could be riding...

í ½í¸”

·
6,726 Posts
Pulled battery and put it on a charger. Charger indicator says it's low, so I'm now waiting for it to fully charge (maybe/hopefully low battery condition led to some kind of power surge/computer freeze?)
Hopefully you find that the battery has failed (will not hold an adequate charge). Better than the alternatives now.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Thanks, Reid - got a new battery / fully charged and installed it, and everything seems back to normal...

I guess NAS means "No Amps, Sucka!"

Reactions: ReidMcT

·
Registered
7 Posts
Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design Audio equipment Gas

got hit by the ERR NAS a few days ago.
FYI, Checked all fuses and Bike starts, but the headlights dont work (only day running LED strip on)
took off the panels and tank dash, gonna try swapping it with a used one to see if the ERR NAS goes away...

·
Registered
7 Posts
got hit by the ERR NAS a few days ago.
FYI, Checked all fuses and Bike starts, but the headlights dont work (only day running LED strip on)
took off the panels and tank dash, gonna try swapping it with a used one to see if the ERR NAS goes away...
Replaced the TFT Tank Dashboard with a new one... all flashing lights resolved and bike runs NORMAL

Reactions: cs363
1 - 13 of 13 Posts