Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Experience with Ducati sport windshield. (not Puig or other brand)

I had this on my Xdiavel with because of the angle all the wind was directed at the top of my chest. I'm 189cm / 6"2in

But Diavel 1260 / gen 3 has a sharper angle and therefore be more suitable What is their experience in this area?

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm 5'10 and my Diavel 1260S came with the windshield, so I have nothing to compare it to as I haven't taken it off. It would look way better with it off, but I do mostly highway riding and the wind that does hit me does not bother me at all.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Purchased my 1260s without the Ducati windshield but after a longish motorway ride I began to have shoulder pain which has lasted several months... but I am 66 ! .... anyway have now have the screen and have to say it’s a lot better so hopefully all good.... think the Ducati screen give just enough protection with looking out of place.... glad I got it.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Then I got to test the windscreen for about 2000 km. But with a different helmet than I use daily, so not 100% comparable, however experiences that are independent helmet.

* the wind hit me earned on the visor, with the lower person probably thought higher up on the helmet. I am 189 cm / 6ft 2 "This is good since on the Xdiavel'n the wind hit me on the chest and now higher than the neck.

* took off for all of the insects etc. on the jacket. Have not had to wipe the leather jacket after use.

* got an unexpectedly short rain shower, did not get wet on the chest / jacket. Only the shoulders that got some water. Rided with another Diavel 1260, and he was wet on his jacket.

* These 2-3 benefits count positively. But the bike looks a little less cool - But still any the best wine screen that fits a motorcycle. Smoke black against Verde Gea green & carbon is a good match.

* Disassembled for daily use and put on for long trips. After all, only 4 bolts and the carbon cover are only stuck in the rubber lining. So no tools are required.

This is worth the money and has a function and practical purpose and looks good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts