Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help!?!

Can anybody please advise me as to whether the seat cowl for my standard, black, 2012 UK model Diavel, fits over the latest seat for the Diavel Dark/Stripe?

I "was" hoping to change the seat and have just been told by my Ducati dealer - that although the new seat fits the 2012 bike, the old cowl won't! I am aware it will not fit the Strada seat (due to the extra padding), but really suprised to hear this.

Any advise would really help! - Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for taking the time to respond

I thought so also! I wouldn't have thought Ducati would have changed the seat cowl, on what is essentially just a colour change bike for 2013!

I wondered if there was any Diavel owners out there, that might have already purchased a 2013 seat for their 2012 bike!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I just aske the question to my dealer as I also want the new seat and he says it will fit as the part number is the same for 2012-13 can anyone tell me if the new seat is better than the touring seat ??? after half an hour I know ive been riding the bike !

·
Registered
63 Posts
I just aske the question to my dealer as I also want the new seat and he says it will fit as the part number is the same for 2012-13 can anyone tell me if the new seat is better than the touring seat ??? after half an hour I know ive been riding the bike !
I dont have a touring seat, I have a corbin, but I can tell you the corbin is leaps and bounds more comfortable than the stock seat that came on my 2013 dark (USA)

·
Registered
206 Posts
Sorry to leave you hanging, I ended up going out of town before I had a chance to check. I'll be back next Saturday if you don't get it sorted before that. Out of curiosity, are you just changing for cosmetic reasons? I ask because there is no comfort difference over the stock seat, just different upholstery.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts