Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a new '13 Diavel Dark with tail bag on original seat. Works great.

Granturimo seat just came in and tail bag does not fit the seat. Anyone with the same problem and is there an answer?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Hi Mmblues, the DP tail bag will fit on the Gran Turismo seat, I have a Dark as well and fitted the seat to mine. It is a bit of a tight fit but believe me it will go on. There was a thread on here about this previously which might help you and it even had some pictures.

I used cable ties to secure mine under the seat as I didn't try to stretch the two securing straps, but others have stretched the straps enough to secure the seat normally. As I said I used cable ties between the straps which fit in nicely behind the seat locking pin, this keeps the small panniers on nicely.

I hope this helps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tail bag on

Like in the children's fairy tale i huffed and I puffed and I pulled and I yanked and uttered profanity and got it on without resorting to zip ties Thanks for the good words

·
Registered
79 Posts
Tail bag on

Like in the children's fairy tale i huffed and I puffed and I pulled and I yanked and uttered profanity and got it on without resorting to zip ties Thanks for the good words
+1

·
Registered
79 Posts
To ensure no confusion, I am talking about the Strada seat.

·
Registered
132 Posts
To ensure no confusion, I am talking about the Strada seat.
Exactly, it DOES NOT FIT on the GT seat, which when you think about it is dumb. - Gene

·
Registered
132 Posts
I don't care what it says I think there is confusion on the seat, it does not fit on the GT seat I have, it is too tight on the seat and the straps come up short, it could be fixed by putting some elastic in the straps but it turns out my Cortech Sport Tail Bag that I use on the Monster and XR1200 is a better solution and fits fine. To each his own but I say it does not fit properly and confirmed by the parts guy at my dealer. - Gene

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Sorry, I hadn't noticed that my quote didn't include yours. I wanted to comment on the distinction you confirmed between strada and gt seat. Perhaps I misinterpreted, sorry.....getting tired '(

·
Registered
188 Posts
I don't care what it says I think there is confusion on the seat, it does not fit on the GT seat I have, it is too tight on the seat and the straps come up short, it could be fixed by putting some elastic in the straps but it turns out my Cortech Sport Tail Bag that I use on the Monster and XR1200 is a better solution and fits fine. To each his own but I say it does not fit properly and confirmed by the parts guy at my dealer. - Gene
I agree - it does NOT fit the GT seat even though you can MAKE it fit.
However, if you follow the link to the thread suggested by RoaringEagle
http://www.diavel-forum.com/index.php?/topic/20097-tail-bag-fit-gt-seat/
and scroll down, you will see that I came up with a very easy and inexpensive solution.
I was NOT comfortable stretching (or taking the risk of stretching) the straps and end up with a worthless tailbag.
It was very easy to prolong the straps by about 1 inch and then no huffing and puffing required (and no praying that the strap does not break over time).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts