Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

Anyone tried to fit the Diavel Strada bags to a Diavel Black. Local dealers here don't seem to have an idea if that would work or how long that would take. I would assume that Ducati designed them so they can be installed on any Diavel. But then again you know what they say abour assuming:).
Thanks
Grizzly

·
Registered
80 Posts
I installed them along with the back rest on my CR. I don't expect it would be any different on the black. If you do it yourself you'll need to have special tool 887133526. Oh yeah, $200 US for the tool.

Took about 4 hours. I have the direction on a .pdf file if you're interested.

·
Registered
80 Posts
You can. The back rest is an option. Be aware that putting on the side bags involves adding the new subframe which includes the new lights and grab handles. You will end up removing the sliding grab handle that retracts under the seat.

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Have a look at the Hepco and Becker panniers, they are really good once the rack is built it takes about 15 minutes to fit, the rack fits to two threaded holes on each side of the sub frame and you don't need any special tools, and there is no need for repositioning lights and the bags clip on and lock. I also have the H&B top box, excellent for touring and once you get home the whole lot takes 15 minutes to take it all off again.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Have a look at the Hepco and Becker panniers, they are really good once the rack is built it takes about 15 minutes to fit, the rack fits to two threaded holes on each side of the sub frame and you don't need any special tools, and there is no need for repositioning lights and the bags clip on and lock. I also have the H&B top box, excellent for touring and once you get home the whole lot takes 15 minutes to take it all off again.
Thanks for the info and tips guys. For the HB rack do you have to drill anything or is it ready to go on as is. I priced the strada bags, close to $1300 plus 2-3 hrs labor. Not worth it,though they do look good on the bike.
Cheers,
Grizzly

·
Registered
80 Posts
Installing the HB C-bow system is very easy, quick, and doesn't require any alterations or drilling. I replaced my HB system with the DP system because I wanted the backrest and grab handles. I have the HB system for sale if you're interested. Just be aware that you'll be obscuring your tail lights from lateral visibility.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
I installed them along with the back rest on my CR. I don't expect it would be any different on the black. If you do it yourself you'll need to have special tool 887133526. Oh yeah, $200 US for the tool.

im interested in the fitting instructions as I want to swap mine out for the shad luggage instead, so could do with understanding what I need to do to remove mine…

·
Registered
5 Posts

If you still have the instructions I’m interested….

1 - 12 of 12 Posts