Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I have just purchased a Diavel Red Stripe (Stunning). Would appreciate guidance on the correct start up and shut down procedure (As no owners manual!). Also, have heard that if the key fob fails to initialise you need to do it manually with a 4 digit pin code which I have not been advised on and it isn't recorded in the Service Book. I would hate to get stranded in No Mans Land!!!
Help appreciated.
John

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
find owner's manual here
start up procedure is in the manual. Smart to have a new battery in your key fob and an extra in a small plastic box under the seat. The 4 digit code is for starting the bike if your fob battery fails (and you don't have a spare) or if the fob goes tits up on you. It feels weird to start your bike with no key but cool to know you can. Also works if you really F up and lose the fob. Guys on this forum have speculated what the code may be and some have stated the sales shop may have entered the last 4 digits of the VIN. Try it to see if it works. If not, a dealer can re-code the bike and leave the code blank and you may enter whatever you desire. In the states there are shops who have the computer software to perform the same function. Neither do it for cheap. Good luck!

·
Registered
14 Posts
If I remember correctly if the code has never been changed before it is either 1-1-1-1 or 0-0-0-0

·
Registered
33 Posts
When I bought my bike (this year) the owner had forgotten the code and didn't know where he wrote it down. He also didn't have the red key. I found a red key ($78 geez) and had the key cut and coded to the bike and had the bike re-coded for the 4 digit code. This was done at an independent key shop that specializes in this sort of stuff. When I left they told me to simply enter any 4 digit code. When I got home I pressed the button below the speedo and it showed 0-0-0-0 and indicated something like "enter code". Did that and, viola, all set. Tested with the key in the house and it worked. Pretty cool feature for 2011.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts