Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi brains trust,

It has been a long tiome since I have been online with the forum. I bought my 2011 Diavel new when it was in the first batch delivered to Australia 11 years ago ... wow.

I wrote of my 2009 R1 track bike around 2014 and after that after a lot a family pressure I parked up the Diavel. I placed it on a battery charger, put a cover over it and would do around 100km a year until 2018 until I just didn't bother. Fast forward to now and I have had the bike transported 3500km to where I am working away from home and have started to try and get it up and running ......... she is rough!!!!! I have here booked into a local bike mechanic with a racing background as the bike needs a major serivce, bands changed, fuel system overhaulked, injectors cleaned, front tyre changed (has cracks) etc. I noticed that she has a "sensor" fault as well and she will not kick off. I have spent the weekend cleaning her up and have had all the carbon Fibre all re-coated .....

I am intrested in trying to read the fault codes off the girl but I remember back in the day that this was $$$$$$ or impossible. Have things changed in the last 11 years and if so what do you recommend? I am prepared to spend the dollars to get her up and running again as I am in a riding environment as oppsed to the Northern Territory which was flat and boring..... I am around 200km away from the the nearest Ducati Dealer and I couldn't get this addressed prior to the move becuase there is nolonger a Ducati Dealer in the Northern Territory.

So please give me any feedback. I have not been in the riding community for a long time and any help would be great.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

· Registered
83 Posts
If you just want to read and clear DTC codes then download MelcoDiag: jpdiag (bottom of page)
You'll need this connect to bike: MELCODIAG DIAGNOSTIC KIT - BLUETOOTH INTERFACE + ADAPTOR (ELM & 4 Pin Set) - Lonelec (if your laptop doesn't have bluetooth you'll also need a BT dongle)
When you get everything together you just need to do an ECU dump as per the instructions and then send the info to JP who will send you bike a licence code and then you are away. It's worthwhile registering on the forum too.

· Registered
50 Posts
Hi brains trust,

It has been a long tiome since I have been online with the forum. I bought my 2011 Diavel new when it was in the first batch delivered to Australia 11 years ago ... wow.

I wrote of my 2009 R1 track bike around 2014 and after that after a lot a family pressure I parked up the Diavel. I placed it on a battery charger, put a cover over it and would do around 100km a year until 2018 until I just didn't bother. Fast forward to now and I have had the bike transported 3500km to where I am working away from home and have started to try and get it up and running ......... she is rough!!!!! I have here booked into a local bike mechanic with a racing background as the bike needs a major serivce, bands changed, fuel system overhaulked, injectors cleaned, front tyre changed (has cracks) etc. I noticed that she has a "sensor" fault as well and she will not kick off. I have spent the weekend cleaning her up and have had all the carbon Fibre all re-coated .....

I am intrested in trying to read the fault codes off the girl but I remember back in the day that this was $$$$$$ or impossible. Have things changed in the last 11 years and if so what do you recommend? I am prepared to spend the dollars to get her up and running again as I am in a riding environment as oppsed to the Northern Territory which was flat and boring..... I am around 200km away from the the nearest Ducati Dealer and I couldn't get this addressed prior to the move becuase there is nolonger a Ducati Dealer in the Northern Territory.

So please give me any feedback. I have not been in the riding community for a long time and any help would be great. View attachment 112427
If you want to ride a motorcycle then clean it up and enjoy your ride. But if you are still in confusion either or so on then be clear first. I agree with cs363, You can try MelcoDiag.

· Registered
15 Posts
Hi brains trust,

So please give me any feedback. I have not been in the riding community for a long time and any help would be great. View attachment 112427
Nice bike! You're up and riding now?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts