Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Ducati Diavel 1260s
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2019 Diavel 1260s which has stalled 3-4 times now when slowing down at junctions. This is not a typical setting off bad clutch control stall, it just dies then restarts first time. I see the older models have had this issue. Couldn't find any threads for the new generation Diavels. I have the Termi installed and the upmap done. I'm not sure which mode I was in at each instance but ride mostly in touring mode so likely that's what it was in at the time. Any ideas?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Microswitches on the clutch in relation to the quick shifter.
Sidestand switch (unlikely).

My guess is that you are braking, downshifting and pulling the clutch when this happens.
Or it just dies when you pull in the clutch leaver.

You might be downshifting before you have activated the clutch microswitch.
I have noticed sometimes that when upshifting using the clutch, just "loading" the gear shifter is enough to trigger the QS before I manage to have enough clutch travel to cancel the QS.
Since the QS basically cuts the ignition for a second, on downshifts I could see that the QS activation paired with a clutch application could result in a stall.

·
Registered
2019 Ducati Diavel 1260s
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Noggie - Thanks. I think I see what you mean. I might be downshifting with the QS AND pulling the clutch at the same time. Maybe. But I doubt I would be the only rider doing that. That is to say, if that was the cause, then a lot of other riders would be experiencing the same issue from time to time and I haven't seen those complaints yet. I hope that's all it is.

·
Registered
2019 Ducati Diavel 1260s
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You are not the only one who faces this issue here is the thread link 1260 MTS stalling where you can find your answer in detail
Thanks. There were a few ideas in that thread, but throttle body position sensor? Is that THE answer?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm having the same problem,
My 2019 Diavel has the "QuickShifter, Termignoni Exhaust w/Updated Map and the Sprint Air Filter".
Today, I took the bike in to have the stalling issue check-out...
While there I'm having the bike Dyno Tuned, hopfully the stalling issue will be resolved.

·
Registered
2019 Ducati Diavel 1260s
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My 2019 Diavel has the "QuickShifter, Termignoni Exhaust w/Updated Map and the Sprint Air Filter".
While there I'm having the bike Dyno Tuned, hopfully the stalling issue will be resolved.
Thanks for the reply. Post the results you think it made please and any insights the mechanics might have. I'm wondering if there is a format for the forum to collate trouble shooting info. These intermittent issues are a real PITA the deal with. I had the exact same issue with my Jeep Grand Cherokee dying at junctions. Fuel pump relay issue. So I can't believe I've got it to deal with again with a brand new machine!

Sent from my SM-G991W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 Ducati Diavel 1260s
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Spoken to three mechanics about the stalling issue. Dyno tuners said let the dealers check it out first, a tune wouldn't help, but possibly needs a TPS reset. Another mechanic said the TPS would throw a code and that Ducatis sometimes get too hot if its hot weather and just cut out! He wasn't even interested in looking at it. So perhaps its an engine protection feature that could seriously endanger the rider? I booked it in with another dealer for a checkup who said if it where a Japanese bike it would suggest a problem but it's a Ducati, so..... go figure.

·
Registered
2019 Ducati Diavel 1260s
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Any update?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Any update?
No, not yet... Bike has been at the dealership for 3 weeks now, but they did text me over the weekend asking whether I want the DB Killers on or off, so I'm hope it will be ready this week.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts