Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone would be interested in purchasing a custom made clear timing cover to replace the crappy black thing that's on there.

I am looking at getting one made for me, but the price is a little high, however, the price comes down a little bit if I get 5 made. But in order to do that, I'll need to find someone willing to buy them first.

I have already supplied the cover to the custom shop. They will make a mould of it and pour liquid polycarb in it so it will be a perfect fit. It will also be painted somewhat to give it a neater finish.

Probably looking around $1200AUD each.

Let me know.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Ducati Diavel 1260 Lamborghini
1,644 Posts
Cheaper on ducabike isn’t it?
I think he means timingbelt cover for the horizontal and vertical cylinder- not clear clutch cover.

I've already get med a set of carbon, but curious as to what this will look like

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep. It's the horizontal timing cover, not the clutch cover. Ducabike and CNC both do clear clutch covers, but no one does a timing cover.

I'll see if I can get my guys to do a mock-up, but I'm guessing it'll obviously be clear on the face of it, and black on the surrounds.

It's a heap cheaper for me to buy 5 and sell 4 of them, rather than buy 1 of them. Even though I was hoping to have a one off, I'm happy to share this. But I would need confirmed purchases before I go ahead and order them. Only need 4 people to join in, and we'll be the only ones with them.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'll see if I can get my guys to do a mock-up, but I'm guessing it'll obviously be clear on the face of it, and black on the surrounds.
As I mention before, I be very much interested in the cover, but before I pay, I would need to see what it looks like...
What is it exactly that's visible thru the glass? Any moving part? A mock-up would be great, as you mentioned.

Timing Cover is located on the opposite side of the Clutch Cover...
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive tire Vehicle

·
Registered
70 Posts
As I mention before, I be very much interested in the cover, but before I pay, I would need to see what it looks like...
What is it exactly that's visible thru the glass? Any moving part? A mock-up would be great, as you mentioned.

View attachment 111673

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

View attachment 111673

As Duncan Mcloud showed in his attached images, that's the generator cover on the opposite side of the bike. I'm talking about the horizontal timing cover, which is on the right hand side of the bike. As in pic below.

Bicycle part Metal Auto part Rim Fashion accessory

Yes, you will see moving parts, hence the reason for doing this. It should in theory, look something like the below picture, but with the side sectionsm and the section where it joins the vertical piece, painted black. It will also look exactly like the original as it will be moulded off a genuine part.

Motor vehicle White Automotive tire Light Automotive lighting

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So this is the reply to my email with my custom guy:

Hi Giuliano

Awesome to hear, unfortunately no mock ups can be made. The way the process works is they take your current part and cast around it to make a 2 part mould. Then they pour resin in that mould. It' a gamble to make without 100% committed buyers I know..

In terms of what it will look like, it will look 100% like your current cover but clear, from there whatever parts you would like to have masked off and painted can be done in consult with Mick.

Mick is the guy who actually painted my bike so I know the paint job will be spot on.

So, if anyone is after one, let me know.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
$1100 AUD per unit, for 5 units. But I need 4 extra buyers or the price goes up.

If I only wanted one myself, it was going to be $1800 for one single one.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I am interested, and in if we can get a couple more...certainly would be a conversation piece.
Awesome. Now just need to find 3 more people.

Will definately be a conversation piece. And I seriously doubt that anyone else will be this stupid to try and make this. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. And if I know these guys like I know these guys, it's gonna look awesome.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am interested in this project as well, I see you did some research with other brands, CNC, etc, but none are interested in making them for the 1260 yet, so this option sounds good. Now to find a couple more people. I took your advice with the tail tidy and the boy's at Ellaspede did an amazing job. Thanks G.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I am interested in this project as well, I see you did some research with other brands, CNC, etc, but none are interested in making them for the 1260 yet, so this option sounds good. Now to find a couple more people. I took your advice with the tail tidy and the boy's at Ellaspede did an amazing job. Thanks G.
Yeah, Leo is amazing. Love his work, and it's a pity about his shop flooding. That was bad.

Yup. I've tried to find multiple ways of getting this done and I think Leo is the only solution, albeit not a cheap one.

So are you in Brisvegas then or up/down the coast?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I am interested, and in if we can get a couple more...certainly would be a conversation piece.
So are you still keen for one of these?

There might be 3 of us now. I'll call Leo and ask what the price would be for 3.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts