Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
It warms my heart to hear your story Ms Wahoo! I'm only a young'n at 51 but did my first track day on my Panigale and yes I'm hooked . So much fun - more fun than I imagined it would be actually.

Took it to the track to learn first as I was not legal to ride it ...
I've never heard of this. Is this more of the ridiculous Australian regulations that I keep hearing about?

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I've never heard of this. Is this more of the ridiculous Australian regulations that I keep hearing about?
Thanks for your kind comments M. They have changed it a little now but there was a restriction on your WA license where you could only ride a 250cc bike for the first year then apply for a bigger capacity license and redo the practical test again. I was going to be careful not to ride the Diavel too much but... well you know how it is
That was what encouraged me to go to the track to start with and I just loved it. It really came together far more when I did a 6,000km trip on my own. Got my bike transported to Melbourne then back from Adelaide. The best learning experience I have had is with the California Superbike School and have been a regular since. I can't recommend them enough.
The next one in Phillip Island is just after the World Superbike event on 24th and 25th February. Anyone coming over?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Loaded my 2012 Diavel up on a truck called "Addicted to Track" heading to New Zealand along with my BMW SS1000 Trackbike.
The truck takes our bikes and a few NZ track bikes to 5 different tracks. We finish the track and ride our roadies from one location to another via some great NZ scenic twisties. I confess my over cautious attitude means I will be at the back of the pack of racers and superbike school coaches I will be with though. Will hit the 99,999km maximum limit on the odo very soon after we arrive.
What a bike! It taught me to ride as I only rode a 250cc for a couple of months before buying my best mate, the 2012 Diavel.
Took it to the track to learn first as I was not legal to ride it and confess I am addicted to track now but was worried I might stack the Diavel so gave him a rest. Even did a few drag days, but have done many fantastic touring rides and commute regularly.
I confess, being almost 60 and female meant I got out of a couple of hooning fines "But... but... Officer... the Diavel made me do it!"
Wow... this bike has meant so much to me and my love of riding has led me to move to Phillip Island.
Really looking forward to celebrating the 99,999 km limit but will be too busy enjoying myself to go online.
To all my mates (still here Sir Fred?) that have helped shared this amazing journey with, Thanks for the sound advise and Cheers!!
"To the Diavel" xx
Wahoo, thanks for the post! As I commence my spring search for my Diavel, it gives me great confidence in the reliability of the Diavel and less concern over km's on used bikes.
And hearing how much you like track days makes me reconsider getting into it myself with the Diavel. Good on you! All the best, and many more safe miles!

Copper

Reactions: Wahoo!!

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Thanks Copper and good luck with your purchase. The track is a great spot to learn to road ride safer and better but be sure to get some good coaching with it as you don't want to learn what you did wrong after a crash. Keep in mind that you will scrape your pegs and cheaper to leave the pegs in and learn to get off the bike more to keep it more upright.

I am certainly not known for being the fastest on the track but I am known for having the biggest smile and the loudest "Wahoo!!" when things just get so good I can't keep it to myself

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.