Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Bullshit Artiste'
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, me too mate....

hence the question mark after the word cheap....

one man's trash is another man's treasure eh...?

Me, I'm still trying to come up with a design for a "one-off" system for my bike.

Until then I'm sticking with my GPR.....

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
was me
i have to say he was a nice bloke and the full system was way better than i expected so i was to say the least extremely happy with the 1k i paid for it . My plans are ceramic coating after i tidyup and remap with coops map
now oficially a member of the termi club ,thanks alby i would have missed this one

Pics later !
ummm i now have a shift tech for sale if anyone interested, see 4 sale

·
Bullshit Artiste'
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You are of course welcome.

I would have liked to buy it....the scratches will come out pretty good...

I didn't have the dough to buy it and then find more for a Tuneboy so I could sort out the fuelling...

...looking forward to the pictures after you get it sorted.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
You are of course welcome.

I would have liked to buy it....the scratches will come out pretty good...

I didn't have the dough to buy it and then find more for a Tuneboy so I could sort out the fuelling...

...looking forward to the pictures after you get it sorted.
yes mate there was one mark which came out on the rear end of the can , carbon was not damaged. The header has a very small ding, barely visible after i sanded most of it out. Not sure if the small marks left will show after ceramic coating but i will take it in today and see what they say , i may leave it because you would now have to look hard to see it. One other scrub mark on the header near exhaust rubbed out easily with some wet and dry paper. The guy is very fanatical about his bike and doesnt like any marks on it hence the reason for replacement. Apparently a car rear ended him while stopped so the pipers really didnt suffer too much damage other than a slow speed tip over..Hes got it back together now. I did notice he also had new ohlins front and back.
fwiw i had to bust the bank account on this one but i figured its my only chance to ever have full termi's

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Heres what i did to the headers today. Added a carbon piece to the top front header ,the piece just underneath the radiator cowling, this is where there was a slight mark that wouldnt rub out so i covered it. I know from a post that some have had trouble with heat and the lens so killed two birds with one stone. Also added a second spring on the upper connecting pipe where the junction is. Interesting to note, these termis have done around 10,000klms and several of the joints were showing wear consistent to poor or loose fitment ,not to worry as my stockers had the same wear markings and probabally even worse than these.So now tidied up and off to ceramic coaters

·
Drop Bear Slayer
8,437 Posts
Welcome to The Club DEVL, almost!
Now just rub all that red paint off and you're in!

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Ha , it was only by accident that i have these pipes , although a little bit of tidying up needed but definitely dont regret it . I have had a few different exhausts and these have a sound of their own, hard to explain. Like roaring thunder !

·
Drop Bear Slayer
8,437 Posts
Ha , it was only by accident that i have these pipes , although a little bit of tidying up needed but definitely dont regret it . I have had a few different exhausts and these have a sound of their own, hard to explain. Like roaring thunder !
Hey, I'm hearing ya, loud and bloody ear piercingly clear!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Nah my shift tech sounds betterer
, how did you go about repairing/replacing the strap (muffler) that had road rash on it Steve?
Was the part available new, looking good by the way .

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Nah my shift tech sounds betterer
, how did you go about repairing/replacing the strap (muffler) that had road rash on it Steve?
Was the part available new, looking good by the way .
Glad you are happy with it ,yeah i was reluctant to let the shift tech go , they are a nice piece of work and nice deep tone but termi $$$ or these $$$. The strap part on the rear of the termi i used some fine wet and dry and then polished it up a bit, The road rash i sanded out and some vht paint, hard to see unless you know its there and are looking for it. Man was getting the headers together after ceramic coating a pain in the...... Nothing got taped up so the joints were TIGHT. I used some fine paper and high temp silicone sealant around the joints did the trick otherwise they would never have gone together.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Devl: they look great, good job. A deal like that wouldn't come up too often, I would have snapped those up in a flash too at that price!

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
jewfish, just happened that the seller was only minutes away otherwise i wouldnt have these. Before and after pic of the end cans.

·
Registered
111 Posts
For me it's termi's or leave it stock, I haven't found any other pipe I'd be happy with, needs to look good not only from the side, but from behind. At some stage I may butcher up a stock exhaust, I cannot justify the new price for the termi's

Nice job cleaning up the damage

·
Esquire
3,039 Posts
Hey jellyfish, ask your dealer for any discounts when I purchased my bike I received 50%off all accessories and free installation, termis are an accessory!

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

1 - 20 of 36 Posts