Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,
I'm planning to go on a long tour on my friend's XDiavel S, He is out of state and the bike is in my use. I had planned for the Diavel but settled for the Kawasaki z900 ABS and now I am having an opportunity to ride it and I do not want to let it down but I have a few things in mind.
First, My friend is using the Diavel for short commutes and has no luggage installed I have only a tail and some universal throw-over saddlebags for my machine which I can't put on the Diavel due to the short rear end and I need to carry a lot of luggage, planning to ride from San Jose to north Dakota.
So I just wanted to ask if there is any kind of tail bags or saddlebags peculiarly made for the XDiavel S? Plus would it be a good idea to take it for a 1000+ mile ride? I have clocked a few 1000-plus rides on my own bike which offers a really comfortable riding posture.

I have heard some rumors about the reliability too and I asked my friend about any problem but he said he never faced any issue but he only rode it within the city so please let me know what should I expect and what parts should I carry along with me in case of a breakdown in the middle of nowhere?

Please advise.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Kriega makes a soft luggage system too and it doesn't require permanent mods. Just a $20 fitting kit, although the bolts that came with it sucked and rusted twice before I chucked them and went a different direction.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've seen all the bags and attachments that you all have mentioned, those could be options but all options are too much expensive. As I mentioned in the previous message I'm going on a long tour on this motorcycle for only one time and using it for a short time period so I need a temporary and cheap option. I was just looking for the cheap and better option then I found this bag "Viking Mini Expandable Black Street/Sportbike Saddlebags".
What do you think about this bag, will it fit on X Diavel?

·
Registered
243 Posts
It might work if he has the long seat with the back rest. Probably not with the short seat. Also you will need to protect the back side plastics or the vibration from the bags will definitely scuff the paint. Happened to mine using a wet dry bag.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts