Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many miles or kilometers you guys getting out of front and rear? Mines a 16 model with 8500 miles still looking decent. just curious. I'm sure some have higher mileage. Also did you go back with stock or aftermarket?

·
Registered
392 Posts
I did my fronts somewhere between 15,000 and 18,000 miles. Pads still had a some life left in them but my rotors were warped and I did them at the same time. EBC Double-H sintered pads.

·
Aspiring to grace and serenity
6,725 Posts
Mileage and brake wear are only weakly related. Braking wears brakes; miles do not. City riders may brake several times per mile, while freeway riders may brake only once, or not at all, in 50 miles. Brake pads may last 2,000 miles. Or 100,000 miles. Or more. Or less.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I aware of that just asking in general. I realize that environment and riding styles will vary results.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Old thread, but still valid. I change the brake pads on all six of my motorcycles every year. Some bikes get new pads twice or three times a year. I do not ride that many miles, but I do approach fast and brake hard. Wiggling the rear before a turn is not uncommon for me, even on the XD (more so on the Panigale and cafe racer).

Old pads can glaze over and create excessive heat, causing risk to the rotors. Pads are so cheap that it is not worth it to try and make them last tens of thousands of miles unless you are touring and don't use them much. I change my brake fluid several times a year, as well.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I did my fronts somewhere between 15,000 and 18,000 miles. Pads still had a some life left in them but my rotors were warped and I did them at the same time. EBC Double-H sintered pads.
OEM pads on my last bike were just noisy, scrubbing sound from day 1. I changed to these pads, so quiet (y)

·
Registered
371 Posts
How many miles or kilometers you guys getting out of front and rear? Mines a 16 model with 8500 miles still looking decent. just curious. I'm sure some have higher mileage. Also did you go back with stock or aftermarket?
Just did DESMO service on my '16 XDS, pad still have about 50% left, discs look good too.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Funny this popped up today. I just changed the rear this weekend. Front still has about half left. I seem to use my rear a lot more.

·
Registered
371 Posts
The IMU and ABS will drag the rear sometimes to keep you stable. So subtle you won't feel it but you see it in the pads.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts