Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, first post. Newer 1260s owner. I couldn't find a plug in under the seat for a tender. Putting her away for winter. I did find this down by R side peg. But it wont fit an sec charger plug, or a noco genius. Is this the tender plug and is it Ducati proprietary or something? Thanks for any help. Trying to avoid pulling the cowl/cover off to apply wires directly.

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 Ducati Diavel 1260 Lamborghini
1,526 Posts
You are the second owner of the bike?
The plug in the picture seems to be a some kind of aftermarket plug for the tender.

If you take of the seat and pointing forward, it (on the 21' model) a red socket / diagnostic socket to the right, not far from the 12v / USB outlet. But you will need an adapter.

Try to search around the Forum, think this topic are mentioned in other threds

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are the second owner of the bike?
The plug in the picture seems to be a some kind of aftermarket plug for the tender.

If you take of the seat and pointing forward, it (on the 21' model) a red socket / diagnostic socket to the right, not far from the 12v / USB outlet. But you will need an adapter.

Try to search around the Forum, think this topic are mentioned in other threds
Thank you for the reply. I actually did search the forums and found very little although I did find someone speaking about the plug that I featured but I guess it takes some special type of charger. Here's what I see under my seat, could I bother you to take a screenshot and circle the port that you're speaking of? Thank you again for your help

Attachments

·
Registered
242 Posts
That is a CTek charger cable.

The Diavel actually can be charged through the diagnostics plug (big one next to the round yellow sticker in your picture), I got an adapter for my CTek to that, works like a charm.

That being a female plug and the location it is in, my guess it that this is connected straight to the battery poles as the battery sits behind the belly pan.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is a CTek charger cable.

The Diavel actually can be charged through the diagnostics plug (big one next to the round yellow sticker in your picture), I got an adapter for my CTek to that, works like a charm.

That being a female plug and the location it is in, my guess it that this is connected straight to the battery poles as the battery sits behind the belly pan.
Thank you. And chance u can post links to where you bought the changer and adapter?

·
Registered
242 Posts
I'm in Europe, so I would not know where to get one in the US.
But you can get several different models on Amazon, if you are only using it for the bike you dont need a big one, but you could get a bigger one and use it on your car as well.
I bought a 7A one 15 years ago and a 10A one 4 years ago, best chargers I've ever had, both still going strong, I had 2 cars and two bikes stored for a while s that is why I got the second one, now I'm down to one car and one bike in storage :)

The adapter I got from a guy in Germany on eBay, says Monster but it's the same for all newer Ducatis.

Basically, if you get a Ctek, you can use the cable you have there, or you can remove it and get the adapter from the guy on eBay in Germany.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Like what noggie said, it is a ctek charger. I did have the same one on my Xdiavel. That plug type is easy to read so you know how much battery is left. I took that one off because I didn’t like it dangling when I was riding. I went with the Ducati one that plugs right into the diagnostic port and use a deltran battery tender for the triumph and Ducati. Much more accessible and easy to remove

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 Ducati Diavel 1260 Lamborghini
1,526 Posts
Yours is an 19 or 20 modell?
It's a bit different from 21, we're I've been told that every Ducati get same diagnostic plug.

But the red circle you are looking for

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts