Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2021 Ducati Diavel 1260 S Red

and the other day I got the Battery Service message on the dash i attached

I checked the manual it does not say anything about this message horrible user manual

i went on a ride today and about 2 hours into the ride the bike started stalling when I came to a light or stoppped

i immediately headed back home

I took the lower fairing off to check and after I disconnected the battery and the message went away but it comes back

I did some troubleshooting and so far I can confirm after starting the bike if I disconnect the battery the bike dies instantly it is not able to run off the generator and there is nothing wrong with the battery

oddly as I was riding back home on the Highway if I pull the clutch at 65 70 the bike dies and releasing the clutch it start s back up again and keeps going it does not seem to be a huge issue

does anyone know or can give me some advise on what it might be I have warranty but I wanted to see if someone has had this issue

i Am pretty sure the alternator or voltage regulator has an issue since the bike dies the minute I disconnect the battery the bike should be able to run without the battery connected it should continue to run without the battery from the power generated by the alternator.

the battery is fine I had to restart the bike so many times riding back home today trying to get home it kept stalling at red lights so it's definitely not the battery.

any advise would be greatly appreciated :)

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I disconnected the battery and the message goes away but it comes back

one thing I mentioned was that the bike dies instantly if i disconnect the battery this should not be the case once the bike starts you should be able to remove the battery and it should keep running but i am wondering considering the amount of electronic systems the bike has it might be necessary to have both the battery and the motor running to have full power its very odd my old GSXR 1000 was able to keep running after the battery was disconnected and i find it hard to believe the alternator on the Diavel cannot generate enough power to keep the bike running.

if that was the case and the bike needed the battery that means the alternator is not creating enough power and the bike running will kill the battery since there is a clear deficit

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input i am calling the dealer tomorrow to get it checked out wow Ducati is PITA its beautiful and fun to ride but not as reliable as i hoped the bike has 3k mikes on it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts