Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this winter's project is going to be suspension upgrades on my 2015. I've decided on the Andreani fork inserts for the front, and I thought it was going to be the Ohlins rear shock. But, I came across an Andreani rear shock rebuild on eBay while doing some searching - Look here - and it's a whole lot less expensive than the Ohlins. I was just wondering if anyone has used this kit before/if it's worth it/just get the Ohlins instead.

Thanks for any info!

· Registered
4 Posts
Yes, I have done a rebuild through a professional suspension tech. It is better than stock but better than Ohlins?, I can't say. Never ridden a Diavel with the Ohlins. Installed the Ducabike adjustable suspension linkage as well to raise the rear. Also had the front forks rebuilt with Misano cartridge's and Ohlins fluid. Had the forks lowered in the braces so the front is higher allowing more ground clearance. Has made a difference in all around performance, only scrapped metal maybe 2x since. Used to really destroy the pegs and even the front portion of the lower exhaust. I have done multiple track days and ride Appalachian mountain roads frequently. My profile picture is a couple years before the upgrades.

· Registered
15 Posts
So this winter's project is going to be suspension upgrades on my 2015. I've decided on the Andreani fork inserts for the front, and I thought it was going to be the Ohlins rear shock. But, I came across an Andreani rear shock rebuild on eBay while doing some searching - Look here - and it's a whole lot less expensive than the Ohlins. I was just wondering if anyone has used this kit before/if it's worth it/just get the Ohlins instead.

Thanks for any info!
Thanks for this, I am currently looking at shock options...and at less than 1/10 the price of the Ohlins, I'll take the chance the kit upgrades it accordingly. Ya get what ya pay for sometimes...and sometimes you get a great bargain. And the matching fork cartridge upgrade too...I'll post the results in a month or so...was thinking the Matis fork cartridges and the Ohlins...but if I never know what they perform like, and these upgrade the ride? Good enough. Thanks again.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, I have done a rebuild through a professional suspension tech...
Thanks for the info. I decided to order the kit from here, since they took my weight and riding style and sent me the appropriately matched components. It took about three weeks to arrive to the US. I removed my shock and gave it to a local shop (Pro-Action Suspension) and they installed the new valves and spring. I just got everything reinstalled this weekend and then it started snowing again, so I haven't been able to ride it yet. But, I will say that just sitting on the bike, the shock doesn't sag nearly as much, so it's gotta be better. Right now, with the cost of the kit and paying for rebuild, I'm in about $400, or about a third of the Ohlins cost.

I was going to add the adjustable Ducabike dogbones, but I'm going to try it without them first. If I decide that I still need them it's not big of a deal to switch them out later on.

Once I get a few rides in and get everything dialed in, I'll come back and post my thoughts on it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts