Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
2015 Ducati Diavel Carbon
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WOW! I have been riding and owned somewhere close to 25 different Motorcycles over the past 40 years and I have never had an accessory transform a bike like the andreani cartridge has. This is how this bike was supposed to handle. Easy install , no special tools needed and I was able to get the job done in about 2 hours. Couple of tips , I used a piece of rubber hose to do the bleeding and I tapped the two holes in the plastic spacer and put a couple long bolts in so I could compress the spring. Absolutely the number 1 upgrade made so far.

Attachments

· Registered
83 Posts
Great to hear that it's a positive upgrade as I have a set of these ready to go in my Diavel. They'll be installed by a local suspension shop that is part of the group I work for, they are also Ohlins/Nitron & YSS distributors and are using my bike as a guinea pig for a YSS shock build for the Diavel as YSS don't currently make a shock for our bikes. Once this is done the shock will be available through YSS dealerships, so I'll keep everyone posted on how it goes.

· Registered
187 Posts
I installed these in my 2022 Panigale V2 and they are great! I am trying to get a set for my XDiavel, but I can't find them in stock in the USA. I haven't looked lately, so maybe I'll check again. Glad you like them on your D.

· Registered
2015 Ducati Diavel Carbon
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got them from Motowheels , took a little bit of time bit I cannot be happier with the upgrade. I have a Tuneboy coming this week , it's stuck in customs in Chicago, but should be here soon.

· Registered
83 Posts
I installed these in my 2022 Panigale V2 and they are great! I am trying to get a set for my XDiavel, but I can't find them in stock in the USA. I haven't looked lately, so maybe I'll check again. Glad you like them on your D.
Looks like Motowheels have them in stock according to their website:

I have these cartridges in my Monster (along with a Nitron rear) and agree they are a great upgrade.

· Registered
187 Posts
Looks like Motowheels have them in stock according to their website:

I have these cartridges in my Monster (along with a Nitron rear) and agree they are a great upgrade.
That figures. I don't purchase from Motowheels after a terrible experience where they delayed my order for several (7) months due to an employee issue who was representing the company but didn't even work there anymore. Motowheels never resolved the issue and I had to work with the manufacturer in Italy who absorbed some costs to get me my parts directly (Motowheels already had my $700). Information from the manufacturer indicated that Motowheels flat out lied about stock and shipments causing my order to be bypassed for a few months.

But yes, the Andreani cartridges are great. 😝

· Registered
83 Posts
Great to hear that it's a positive upgrade as I have a set of these ready to go in my Diavel. They'll be installed by a local suspension shop that is part of the group I work for, they are also Ohlins/Nitron & YSS distributors and are using my bike as a guinea pig for a YSS shock build for the Diavel as YSS don't currently make a shock for our bikes. Once this is done the shock will be available through YSS dealerships, so I'll keep everyone posted on how it goes.
Had my Andreani cartridges installed last weekend along with a Nitron shock as the suspension place didn't have time to build the YSS as originally planned so gave me a smoking deal on the Nitron. After some testing this past weekend the Nitron shock is perfect and the cartridges are a big improvement, they just need some slight tweaking on rebound and preload settings to be spot on. Money well spent!

· Registered
15 Posts
That figures. I don't purchase from Motowheels after a terrible experience where they delayed my order for several (7) months due to an employee issue who was representing the company but didn't even work there anymore. Motowheels never resolved the issue and I had to work with the manufacturer in Italy who absorbed some costs to get me my parts directly (Motowheels already had my $700). Information from the manufacturer indicated that Motowheels flat out lied about stock and shipments causing my order to be bypassed for a few months.

But yes, the Andreani cartridges are great. 😝
That sucks, I've ordered from them before, but they do not ship where I live, so I actually drove there on my way home from a Texas project via NoCal where my sons live. Had very good service, the fellow even carried out my goodies to my rental car...that said, I just was on Motowheels website, and they offer zero parts for a 2012 Carbon. As in none.

I am deciding now whether to go with this kit, or one of the Matis cartridge kits kit that Bellisimoto offers. Going to go with the Nitron grey rear shock I think, seems like a vendor that offers a custom ride height along with better suspension for no additional charges is a rare bird.

The girl is still up in ChiangMai at mechanic's shop awaiting pick-up, will ship down to me for @$120 (12 hour trip each way)...been riding the 2008 DS 1100S Multi he just finished and tuned on dyno...rebuilt the Ohlins, added the newly fabricated titanium exhaust system, "patched" the leak on left side of bike that looked a gusher...and put a new ECU which was $500 (something about a valve code issue not fixable...and his English is as great as my Thai). Total damages: including ECU? Oh yeah, and he changed the 11 year old timing belts...total with parts and labor: $700 US.

When he had the Multi, he dialed in that Italian ECU: it isa dream to ride compared to the Diavel (purchased in November, 2022, 32,000 KM and $7000 while needing new tires desperately). Can't wait to test out the bike after he tunes it. A former racer here and the best mechanic north of Bangkok for any big bike, and make. "Sa Moto" in ChiangMai outskirts, ask for Phansa if ever in Thailand and needing motorcycle work. That's a "Pa" not a "Fa" sound.

Word: Use those "grip puppies" that old ladies use on the mopeds...no vibration for under $2. Been using them now for a decade...night and day hand numbness reduction. They spilt after 8-10 months....most of us can swing $4/year. I carry to extra sets in Givi.

So anyone have any info on those Matis cartridge kits?

· Registered
15 Posts
The custom exhaust fabricated in BK...$1000 on the nose, and he didn't even need to have the bike there: his buddy had a 2012 Carbon and loaned him the bike to fab pipes. Only one problem, which was hurriedly fixed: the exhaust "Bung" that reads the mixture was slightly off and was hitting the alternator case...but like I said, fixed in one day and can't tell anything was reworked. The price included the silencers.

Again, new timing belts, new exhaust install, patching a leak, fixing the codes and tuning on dyno with new ECU: all for 23,000 baht...$696.92. A $500 ECU included in total charges...

If I didn't have this man to turn to? I'd be riding a Chinese moped...hahahaha.

Hello to all, ever coming to Thailand, let me know...we'll go riding...the places the tourists never see...maybe we could even get in Cambodia and Laos : they are within an hour drive of me. Always have an extra bike for a fellow Ducatista.

Come when the MOTOGP is just south of me...although bring an umbrella: near drowned watching it last year...those riders have HUGE testiballs riding like that on wet track. They announced it was Suzuki's last year factory racing: Suzuki riders won the next two races. I guess a little "Motorvation" kicked in...wonder if Suzuki brass will reverse that decision. Gotta admit: the new KTM motor sounded TIGHT and MEAN rounding that track during warm up laps...but another KTM took the checkered flag, Ducati 2nd and 3rd.

Been riding since 1969...had a Suzuki 250 2-Stroke street bike that I scared the crap out of my neighbors in San Francisco on. 14 years old...black and chrome "RRRRRing-ding ding ding ding!" I think it was faster than the Norton 850 Commando I had next...but not in handling.

So yeah...I am all in for a new cartridge kit for the girl...because there is no way in this life I am laying out $4900 ($5400 with gold-colored sliders) on the Matis forks at Bellissimoto. As much as I am tempted...

Out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts