Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a used XDS and did an oil change. what gives with the servo cable... as I cleared one bolt by just moving it, I wondered if I needed to do this. I'm not a tech but damn I didn't see a way to free this cable by moving the lever lol

·
Registered
371 Posts
If I remember correctly, If you back off number 5, the bracket is slotted so you can get slack pull entire cable off the valve.

·
Registered
877 Posts
I can’t remember but I think that Alberto is correct in what he says. Why do you need to remove the cable though when you are simply doing an oil change. There is no need to touch the servo at all. If you want to pm me your email I can send you a link to the full service manual

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If I remember correctly, If you back off number 5, the bracket is slotted so you can get slack pull entire cable off the valve.
Thanks, I thought the bracket would be slotted but I didn't see a slot to remove the cable end/ball. I was lying on the ground with poor lighting though, will be better prepared next time.

·
Registered
371 Posts
You can remove the servo completely if you want. The valve is spring loaded to full open if the cable breaks or is removed. Heal Tech sells a servo eliminator so you don't get a check engine light. They included one with my Zard Exhaust.

Check out my video @ 3:40

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You can remove the servo completely if you want. The valve is spring loaded to full open if the cable breaks or is removed. Heal Tech sells a servo eliminator so you don't get a check engine light. They included one with my Zard Exhaust.

Check out my video @ 3:40
Great video thanks. I plan to replace exhaust but not yet. Is it possible (and okay) to remove the servo while keeping the stock exhaust installed? I'd install a servo eliminator. So after removing the servo and cable, the butterfly valve would stay open?

·
Registered
371 Posts
Yes, you can leave stock exhaust on, spring will force butterfly full open and you will need to install Servo Eliminator so you don't get Check Engine Light. It will sound throatier and have a little more rumble a low RPM, high RPM will be the same.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, you can leave stock exhaust on, spring will force butterfly full open and you will need to install Servo Eliminator so you don't get Check Engine Light. It will sound throatier and have a little more rumble a low RPM, high RPM will be the same.
Excellent thanks Alberto (y)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I can’t remember but I think that Alberto is correct in what he says. Why do you need to remove the cable though when you are simply doing an oil change. There is no need to touch the servo at all. If you want to pm me your email I can send you a link to the full service manual
Sorry just saw your question. I wanted to do an oil change and access the mesh oil filter for cleaning. The servo cable runs right underneath the mesh filter cover plate. It can be moved only a little without removing the cable end from the butterfly valve. I had poor light and didn't see how to remove the cable end, but ended up removing the whole thing and installing a servo eliminator :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts