Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone experienced a problem with the front ABS and had to replace the ABS module? I am trying to get answers as to why this failed but I live in Thailand so you only ever get "Not working Mr, need to change" (My local dealer is a franchisee and not authorised)
This part new is almost $3000 and the mechanic at the authorised dealer told me via messages that its very hard to damage and he suspected wiring or sensor issue was the problem, Not the module itself.
I use a repeatable big bike mechanic instead of the franchise but he hasn't been able to shed much light on the cause, however he did replace it at a fraction of the cost (Used part) and a brake line that he said didn't have the correct angle on the banjo union that the banjo bolt goes through. This I cant imagine had anything to do with the cause as I've driven the bike 7000km with this brake line trouble free.
I'm I just unlucky that the modules electronics "Fried" casing failure? I ask because from a internet searches I've only found BMW bikes to have had ABS module problems.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is the first I have read of anyone having ABS failure on a Diavel.
Me too and it sucks being the first pfft! Since then I've learned that this had been a common issue with the Multi Strada. Anyway fixed now and another awesome Northern Thailand trip completed around the Golden Triangle, Chang Ria area

·
Registered
8,461 Posts
This is the first I have read of anyone having ABS failure on a Diavel.
Another frayed wire in main wiring harness assmbly around fork neck area?
I bet that's not impossible....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.