Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey you guys,
New to posting to the forum but I have had a few threads be very helpful.
Went for a ride this am on my 2017 xdiavel S and was going a bit faster than I should have been, while approaching a red light i started breaking and downshifting, when I rev'd on my down shift my engine died 馃 I rolled to a stop and started it right back up, no lights came on, nothing. Next light I was riding more controled and as i rev'd the bike again at a light it sounded as if it was going to die again but didn't. Didn't do it after that.
My bike is at 2300 kms, it was a bit more chilly here this am. Any thoughts on what could have caused this?
Thanks

Registered
Hello! I have a 2015 diavel that I purchased back in January. When riding in February (around 50 degrees Fahrenheit), the same think happened to me. I was approaching a light and, while downshifting, the engine cut out. It roared back to life immediately upon hitting the ignition, but it was still odd. It did this on two other occasions after that, all of which were close in time to the first and in similar weather conditions. I adjusted the air bleed screw to make the bike run a bit richer at low rpm, and it hasn't cut off since. It seems to be a not so uncommon issue with the diavel. Also, it seems that the diavel is not a fan of the cold in my experience, and I think the denser, colder air will make the bike run extra lean, so that might explain the cut off?

Registered
Is the bike stock or do you have a pipe and tune? These bikes run really lean from the factory (to pass Euro emissions), so a slight blip with the clutch pulled in can sometimes kill them. It is very common for Ducatis to die at stop lights (all kinds of Ducati models). All three of my Ducatis do this if I am too lazy with the blip, especially when the engine is not fully hot. Getting the bike tuned to richen it up a bit helps a ton. If it does this all of the time, then you could have something else wrong. If it just does this sometimes, especially when the engine is not hot, then ignore it or consider getting a tune.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is the bike stock or do you have a pipe and tune? These bikes run really lean from the factory (to pass Euro emissions), so a slight blip with the clutch pulled in can sometimes kill them. It is very common for Ducatis to die at stop lights (all kinds of Ducati models). All three of my Ducatis do this if I am too lazy with the blip, especially when the engine is not fully hot. Getting the bike tuned to richen it up a bit helps a ton. If it does this all of the time, then you could have something else wrong. If it just does this sometimes, especially when the engine is not hot, then ignore it or consider getting a tune.

It is stock. I found if I let it warm up a bit in the morning it works out ok.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello! I have a 2015 diavel that I purchased back in January. When riding in February (around 50 degrees Fahrenheit), the same think happened to me. I was approaching a light and, while downshifting, the engine cut out. It roared back to life immediately upon hitting the ignition, but it was still odd. It did this on two other occasions after that, all of which were close in time to the first and in similar weather conditions. I adjusted the air bleed screw to make the bike run a bit richer at low rpm, and it hasn't cut off since. It seems to be a not so uncommon issue with the diavel. Also, it seems that the diavel is not a fan of the cold in my experience, and I think the denser, colder air will make the bike run extra lean, so that might explain the cut off?

I think it does. Absolutely, thanks for responding

1 - 5 of 5 Posts