Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've scoured the internet and have found nothing, today after work I was riding the XD home and pulled up to interstate speed about 3/4 throttle I heard a backfire. (it might have backfired from urban mode cutting it some slack) I looked down and had seen the check engine light had came on and the motor was bogged down like it was running with less than half the power. Pulled over in a lot and the engine stroke was lazy and throttle response was awful. Well 2 minutes later, like a switch the RPMs corrected and the throttle response was normal, couple minutes later bogged again and so forth. I bought this bike in Denver Colorado a month ago, I'm about 900' above sea level which would make it run rich I believe BUT ecu should take care of that. Tomorrow I'm gonna see if it's only running on one cylinder intermittently. Anyone have any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
2021 Ducati Diavel 1260 Lamborghini
1,695 Posts
Are you riding with extra electronics components? Like Rapide bike/ Power Commander etc?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you riding with extra electronics components? Like Rapide bike/ Power Commander etc?
Its got the full termi exhaust, other than that it's a stock S. Electronics wise I think it's just the ECU from termi. If it wasn't the termi ECU it should have thrown a code in the first place I believe

·
Super Moderator
1,695 Posts
Then we have eliminated a source of error, and in your case to little help.

I had a PC5 module that made cuts in the engine for me. But then this is not the case with you ...

Try searching a bit on the forum, may be discussion of similar case

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Then we have eliminated a source of error, and in your case to little help.

I had a PC5 module that made cuts in the engine for me. But then this is not the case with you ...

Try searching a bit on the forum, may be discussion of similar case
Will do, i appreciate the help!

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Its got the full termi exhaust, other than that it's a stock S. Electronics wise I think it's just the ECU from termi. If it wasn't the termi ECU it should have thrown a code in the first place I believe
Would you happen to know the history of the motorcycle? Did you buy used or new? Also with the termi exhaust was it purchased from the dealer or ebay? Reason I ask is if the termi was bought anywhere else but the dealer you will not get an upmap key. The upmap key that is on the USB key sets the parameters for the termi exhaust system. I’ve had my termi’s for the last 4 years and no issues with it whatsoever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Would you happen to know the history of the motorcycle? Did you buy used or new? Also with the termi exhaust was it purchased from the dealer or ebay? Reason I ask is if the termi was bought anywhere else but the dealer you will not get an upmap key. The upmap key that is on the USB key sets the parameters for the termi exhaust system. I’ve had my termi’s for the last 4 years and no issues with it whatsoever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's a very good question, I can only go off of assumptions at this moment, I bought the bike used from a public party, not a dealer, maintenance has been promptly taken care of. He was the second owner and I believe he bought it with the termi's on.(he also gave me the OEM exhaust) I believe I have a USB key that I got with the bike but I haven't looked into what it does. There is a female connector for a USB stick on the right side of the bike down by the brake lever. The upmap did come to mind but from what I have read it should have thrown a hard code without the termi update? Which was before I got it, I put about 30 miles on before the CE light came on. So far I've gone down the ignition trail, when it starts and stays running (which I have to keep on the throttle for a minute) the vertical head is hot and the horizontal is warm, leads me to believe theres no spark, pulled the wire on the coils for the front/back plug, no effect, still ran bad. Gonna reverse the plugs later. Both coil packs went bad? Or both plugs fouled out? Just guesses at this point

·
Super Moderator
1,695 Posts
Can't help you much, but each cylinder have 2 sparkplugs. You ca see two of them on the left side, but the other two are "hide".

·
Super Moderator
1,695 Posts
Any further in the investigation?

Do you know if the previous owner installed "throttle spacere" ? Or have you some "slack" on your throttle?

·
Super Moderator
1,695 Posts
Usually not. Have it myself and have not had any problems.

But know of someone who has used Throttle Spacers where it has failed. It has been with a slight throttle all the time and therefore gave an error message and went into emergency mode.

But you have an intermittent problem- come and go?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts