Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, new Diavel owner here, had the bike out for a good 150 mile run yesterday and noticed something odd. The handlebars had flex/slight movement to them if for example, I stood up slightly on the pegs when going over a large pothole and put pressure downwards on the bars. The handlebars actually moved slightly (maybe as much as 3/8"). The bars aren't turning/rotating in the clamp, but the whole assembly where the bar clamp attaches to the fork appears to have some flex in it.

Is this normal? It almost feels as though the bars are mounted to stiff rubber bushings to dampen vibrations. I can't tell why they would do this. Everything is tight, I checked the bolts all around that area after my ride. The bike has 3700 miles on it and doesn't appear to be modified.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2021 Ducati Diavel 1260 Lamborghini
1,739 Posts
I also feel I have movement / slack on the handlebar of my Xdiavel. But here I know I have tightened all the bolts. Don't know how the steeringhead / "upper clamp" looks on Diavel, but on XD has cushion / "washer" . Could be tips to check out.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I also feel I have movement / slack on the handlebar of my Xdiavel. But here I know I have tightened all the bolts. Don't know how the steeringhead / "upper clamp" looks on Diavel, but on XD has cushion / "washer" . Could be tips to check out.
This might be my issue/reason for the flex I'm feeling. I checked the steering stem bearings and there's no play there. If I turn the handlebars to full lock in either direction, I still get the flex feeling. It appears it comes from where the bars mount to the upper steering clamp. The workshop manual shows there are spacers that go between the mounting bolt and the handlebar holder/mount itself. I'm wondering if those spacers are rubber/poly and allow for some flex. I can't post the image of what I am referring to, but would be curious to hear if any other diavel owners experience this flex or not.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
There are rubber dampeners between bottom of handle bar risers and top triple tree bracket.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.