Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - new Ducati owner here, of a '21 red Diavel 1260S. A beautiful bike, and I've thoroughly enjoyed my first 300 miles - except I've already picked up two decent size rock chips right through the paint. These are obviously particularly visible on the red bike with its bright red underseat panel. Is this endemic to these bikes? It looks pretty vulnerable, though I'm surprised the rear fender and license plate holder don't protect better given their coverage. Is there a precut film option out there or do I just need to get comfortable with the occasional application of touch-up paint?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, I have the same problem, after going through some roadwork the underseat has some really bad paint chips. I am going to talk to the dealer and see if something can be done.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I've already had mine repainted twice.

I don't think there is a precut film, but I haven't searched thoroughly. My understanding is that with it not being flat, it is not as simple as just throwing a film on it. I have spoken to a local guy who said it's possible, but I'm waiting to get it repainted for a third time before doing that.

·
Registered
220 Posts
For you with this issue, have you removed the rear mud guard?

I have 4800km on my bike and not a single chip yet, but I still have the mud guard/license plate holder in place.

·
Registered
2021 Ducati Diavel 1260 Lamborghini
1,494 Posts
I'll need to get my re-painted to the winter.

@ Noggie been lucky not to get any rock chips to the paint.
It's a "normal" problem, especially for us with Matt-paint. Yes, it's stock with the licensplate holder

I've not seen any pre-cut film for this parts of the bike. Need to visit a store which done such thing.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Well guys, I stand corrected !

I had a closer inspection of mine, and there was a few chips there, small ones though, not very visible without a flashlight and close inspection.
Think I can polish out most of them to be virtually invisible.

Guess I'll need to have mine repainted during the winter break as well.
I guess any shop that do vinyl on cars can make some up, there is some good transparent vinyl out there, I just had some put on exposed areas of my car and I can't see that it's there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just an update, Ducati Australia came to the party with a new underseat panel but only as a good will gesture and not warranty. I noticed some weird aerodynamics in the wet the other day so I am trialing a mudflap on the rear as well as rubber strips inside the rear guard to block stones and spray.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts