15 replies to this topic

#1 jr100

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Diavel Model: XDiavel

Posted 03 April 2021 - 06:38 AM

Hi to all,

Has anyone tried this clear clutch kit? It’s much cheaper than the Ducabike one..

https://www.ebay.co...4.m46890.l49286

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove Advertisements Sponsored Links

Diavel-Forum.com

#2 Tonyt

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 204 posts

Posted 03 April 2021 - 09:50 AM

Nope. Waiting on someone else to try it. Lol

#3 DucaRicardo

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 870 posts

Posted 03 April 2021 - 12:08 PM

Go ham, let us know how it goes 🥳

#4 Ghorgon63

Expert Member

• Members
    • PipPipPipPip
    • 1391 posts

Posted 04 April 2021 - 02:26 AM

Will probably work for sure. But how fit is not known, or quality. "Great" with made in Italy on the ring when this comes from China ...

This is a copy / plagiarism product of Ducabike & CNC Racing. The Chinese have not spent a single penny on development, only copy products, then with some changes - so that it does not go under copy protection and the like. Therefore can be sold at half price.

Personally, I would not put on a simple eBay product on a superb Ducati.

#5 ozzie21

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 606 posts
    • Diavel Model: XDiavel S

Posted 04 April 2021 - 04:10 AM

View Postjr100, on 03 April 2021 - 06:38 AM, said:

Hi to all,

Has anyone tried this clear clutch kit? It’s much cheaper than the Ducabike one..

https://www.ebay.co...4.m46890.l49286

Chineee CoronaVirus shit. Have some self respect. Don't do it.

#6 DucaRicardo

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 870 posts

Posted 05 April 2021 - 08:43 PM

View Postozzie21, on 04 April 2021 - 04:10 AM, said:

Chineee CoronaVirus shit. Have some self respect. Don't do it.

Aside from being "made in China" I wouldn't buy it just because, I wouldn't cheap out on my Ducati. Has nothing to do with coronavirus though, also spelled Chinese btw 🥱ozzy

Edited by DucaRicardo, 05 April 2021 - 08:44 PM.

#7 newbithian

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 11 posts

Posted 06 April 2021 - 11:00 PM

Got sent one of these awhile back (eBay seller insisted that it was an "open box genuine Ducabike product" ... it was not) that I ended up returning in favor of a genuine Ducabike one (just wanting to keep everything Italian personally, but you do you). They're about the same, but you're going to likely want to purchase a genuine acrylic window from Ducabike, as they're going to send you some flimsy, poorly cut, thin window that may not even fit.... and you're not going to get any support or instructions.

Edited by newbithian, 06 April 2021 - 11:07 PM.

#8 ozzie21

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 606 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 04:53 PM

View PostDucaRicardo, on 05 April 2021 - 08:43 PM, said:

Aside from being "made in China" I wouldn't buy it just because, I wouldn't cheap out on my Ducati. Has nothing to do with coronavirus though, also spelled Chinese btw ������ozzy

I work overseas. A lot in countries neighboring China. I have also worked in China and traveled some in China, some in Northwest Urumqi, Xinjiang, where I've seen their army at work. Some people I've worked with were Chinese ethnic Uyghur. I haven't seen any lately. I wonder what happened to them? I have nothing against Chinese people. I do have something against the CCP and all Chinese companies I have worked with. FYI all Chinese companies I have worked with promise the world and immediately renege on everything they promise and all their equipment are copies of Western equipment and sort of look like the original but are cheaply made, perform poorly and break down regularly. Combined with those experiences and the lying Chinee government concerning this Wuhan Virus, I've had it with anything from China. I now check everything I buy. If there is another option other than mde in China, I choose it, even if it costs a lot more. Doing that these days is difficult because so much of what we consume is from China. The war with China is already going on with their taking over by buying Western companies and manipulation of Western society.
    I'm not going to say any more about this because I don't want go political on a motorcycle forum. I made a comment about a cheaply made poor quality Chinese copy of a quality product that someone else had put a lot of time and money into R&D.
    Watch this.....it is 100% true...
    https://www.youtube....h?v=h8IEtlOVzq4

Edited by ozzie21, 07 April 2021 - 05:04 PM.

#9 ozzie21

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 606 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 04:54 PM

Deleted double post

Edited by ozzie21, 07 April 2021 - 04:55 PM.

#10 DucaRicardo

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 870 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 08:10 PM

I agree Ozzie with you all the way, I've been burnt before buying something that was "made in China"
    Also I can't justify buying cheap parts for my Ducati. This coronavirus BS is getting out of hand. Edmonton is back again to stage 1 and restaurants again are closing

#11 ozzie21

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 606 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 09:38 PM

View PostDucaRicardo, on 07 April 2021 - 08:10 PM, said:

I agree Ozzie with you all the way, I've been burnt before buying something that was "made in China"
    Also I can't justify buying cheap parts for my Ducati. This coronavirus BS is getting out of hand. Edmonton is back again to stage 1 and restaurants again are closing

I have been overseas since last February. I haven't returned to Calgary because I'm not going to deal with the BS and being conned into having to stay for 3 days at some shitty hotel for $2000, which they cannot make you do, then spending the rest of 2 weeks quarantined at home.
    The Canadian government & PM Justine Turdhole have totally mishandled this COVID thing. Forcing people to excessive lockdown measures that don't work and have been proven so are just more ways that the government can control our lives and have free reign to spend $$$ and control our lives.
    Traveling anywhere in this part of the world is easier. If I don't go back to Canada I might spend some time in Spain. I need a negative PCR test done 72 hours before I arrive in Spain. I complete an arrival form and I get a document with a QR code than I'm free to go anywhere I want in Spain. I just need to keep that document and QR code with me in case I'm asked by authorities. No mask required or other BS, and the mortality rate is much less in Spain than Canada. Then when I return here, again I need the negative PCR test to be able to fly. Produce the PCR test paper when I arrive then I'm free to go anywhere in this country. Thailand is more or less the same. Right now there is a short quarantine upon arrival but in the next week or so everything is suposed to fully open. And their mortality rate is very low also. The mortality rate alrady is much less than 1%, and with a vaccine even lower, how paranoid are we going to be?
    The vaccine has been handled poorly. First Turdhole said yes we have vaccines for everyone in the country. In reality we didn't have any. Canada has to go begging to Covax. Covax pools funds from wealthy countries to help buy vaccines for low income countries. Canada is the only member of the G7 group of countries listed as a Covax beneficiary. So Turdhole has made Canada a 3rd world country.
    I'm probably going to get the Russian Sputnik 5 vaccine. It has proven to be one of the better ones. Where I am it is free for me and is easily available here. All I have to do is make an apointment at the clinic and be around 21 days later for the 2nd shot. Then after I have the vaccine I will be doing anything I want and going anywhere I want. A 99.99% survival probablity is good enough for me,

Edited by ozzie21, 07 April 2021 - 09:41 PM.

#12 BillXDS

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 12 posts

Posted 10 April 2021 - 04:31 PM

I purchased the CNC Racing clear clutch cover because I personally like the looks of the CNC Racing over the Ducabike.

#13 ozzie21

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 606 posts

Posted 10 April 2021 - 11:33 PM

View PostBillXDS, on 10 April 2021 - 04:31 PM, said:

I purchased the CNC Racing clear clutch cover because I personally like the looks of the CNC Racing over the Ducabike.

Any pics? I'm thinking about the clear clutch cover also whenever I can get back home to what is supposed to be civilization. Both the CNC & DucaBike look good. I'm having a hard time justifying the cost of a purely cosmetic mod vs the Ohlins rear shock which actually does something to improve performace and handling. To lessen my feelings of guilt if I choose bling over practicality I might have to do both....lol....

#14 Dandeano

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 862 posts

Posted 11 April 2021 - 12:22 AM

View Postozzie21, on 10 April 2021 - 11:33 PM, said:

Any pics? I'm thinking about the clear clutch cover also whenever I can get back home to what is supposed to be civilization. Both the CNC & DucaBike look good. I'm having a hard time justifying the cost of a purely cosmetic mod vs the Ohlins rear shock which actually does something to improve performace and handling. To lessen my feelings of guilt if I choose bling over practicality I might have to do both....lol....

Just do both she’s worth it!

#15 BillXDS

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 12 posts

Posted 11 April 2021 - 02:29 AM

View Postozzie21, on 10 April 2021 - 11:33 PM, said:

I have previously installed the Ohlins rear shock and the Andreani Misano front fork kit on my '16 XDS. The CNC Racing clear clutch cover is currently being installed while it is at the dealer for the side kickstand recall and routine 5-yr maintenance service: timing, water pump and drive belts. Drive belt has scars and I did not want to take the chance on over-revving the motor due to drive belt breakage. I purchased the black clear clutch cover with the black bicolor pressure plate and the silver pressure plate ring. Pictures coming soon.

I am also working on a custom designed GIVI tanklock bag system where I replace the OEM gas tank cap with the Roland Sands billet aluminum tank cap and currently having a machine shop machine special spacers and a tanklock ring out of stainless. The Roland Sands tank cap has a special mounting bolt circle. Will post pictures when complete.

#16 BillXDS

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 12 posts

Posted 15 April 2021 - 02:05 PM

View PostBillXDS, on 15 April 2021 - 02:05 PM, said:

See my post with pictures in Aftermarket Accessories.

Edited by BillXDS, 15 April 2021 - 02:05 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users