Austin Racing De Cat Exhaust - Ducati Diavel Forum

Jump to content


- - - - -

Austin Racing De Cat Exhaust


10 replies to this topic

#1 stevebgt1

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
    Joined: 26-June 12
  • Location: United Kingdom
  • Diavel Model: Black

Posted 19 February 2021 - 08:50 AM

Hi,

Anyone got one of these on their 1260 ?

Just wondered what your thoughts were compared to Termi ?

Personally I think the AR one looks much cooler, but was wondering about noise and fuelling compared to the Termi ones ?

Steve

Remove Advertisements Sponsored Links

    Diavel-Forum.com



    #2 DucaRicardo

      Advanced Member

    • Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 840 posts
      Joined: 31-May 18
    • Location: Edmonton Alberta canada
    • Diavel Model: XDiavel

    Posted 19 February 2021 - 01:54 PM

    Don't have a 1260 S but I can give you my thoughts on it.

    It's half the price(est$1500USD) of the termignoni's so that's a win, but reading the specs you are required to get proper mapping/tuning for the exhaust. So say add another $500-$1000USD give or take. It definitely looks different. I have the termi's on the XD and I am pretty happy about it, the kit I got also comes with the upmap key. Mileage is shit especially if you like to drive fast. No one gets an aftermarket exhaust to even care about gas mileage. The termi's have a nice growl from startup and dies down when your on the highway. If you are looking for something else Zard is coming out with an exhaust which looks exactly like the one on the XD and there is no tune required. Good luck 👍🏽


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Edited by DucaRicardo, 19 February 2021 - 01:56 PM.


    #3 XD1262

      Expert Member

    • Members
    • PipPipPipPip
    • 1339 posts
      Joined: 27-August 17
    • Location: Norway
    • Diavel Model: XDiavel

    Posted 20 February 2021 - 12:04 AM

    Ad a picture in your thread, so we know what we are talking about

    http://www.austinrac...ment_option_-v3

    Attached File(s)



    #4 stevebgt1

      Advanced Member

    • Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 150 posts
      Joined: 26-June 12
    • Location: United Kingdom
    • Diavel Model: Black

    Posted 20 February 2021 - 02:11 AM

    Thats the one . Looks fantastic 👍

    #5 Noggie

      Advanced Member

    • Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 134 posts
      Joined: 02-May 20
    • Location: Norway, South West Coast
    • Diavel Model: Red

    Posted 20 February 2021 - 04:09 AM

    I was a fan of Austin Racing and planned to get one in the past on a different bike.
    I like the sound of them, alt least on the 4-cylinder bikes I was planning on buying one for, but it never happened.
    Some people have called them "beer can" exhaust, and they are typically quite big (large diameter).

    I'm guessing that this will have a quite deep sound to it.

    #6 stevebgt1

      Advanced Member

    • Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 150 posts
      Joined: 26-June 12
    • Location: United Kingdom
    • Diavel Model: Black

    Posted 22 February 2021 - 05:06 AM

    View PostDucaRicardo, on 19 February 2021 - 01:54 PM, said:

    Don't have a 1260 S but I can give you my thoughts on it.

    It's half the price(est$1500USD) of the termignoni's so that's a win, but reading the specs you are required to get proper mapping/tuning for the exhaust. So say add another $500-$1000USD give or take. It definitely looks different. I have the termi's on the XD and I am pretty happy about it, the kit I got also comes with the upmap key. Mileage is shit especially if you like to drive fast. No one gets an aftermarket exhaust to even care about gas mileage. The termi's have a nice growl from startup and dies down when your on the highway. If you are looking for something else Zard is coming out with an exhaust which looks exactly like the one on the XD and there is no tune required. Good luck


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    The only problem with the Zard one, is it basically just the end cans, hence no need for remapping. For me, the idea of changing the exhaust is to de- cat it, better air flow and map to release full potential of the bike. I must admit the Zard one does look nice though. :-)

    #7 stevebgt1

      Advanced Member

    • Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 150 posts
      Joined: 26-June 12
    • Location: United Kingdom
    • Diavel Model: Black

    Posted 22 February 2021 - 05:07 AM

    View PostDucaRicardo, on 19 February 2021 - 01:54 PM, said:

    Don't have a 1260 S but I can give you my thoughts on it.

    It's half the price(est$1500USD) of the termignoni's so that's a win, but reading the specs you are required to get proper mapping/tuning for the exhaust. So say add another $500-$1000USD give or take. It definitely looks different. I have the termi's on the XD and I am pretty happy about it, the kit I got also comes with the upmap key. Mileage is shit especially if you like to drive fast. No one gets an aftermarket exhaust to even care about gas mileage. The termi's have a nice growl from startup and dies down when your on the highway. If you are looking for something else Zard is coming out with an exhaust which looks exactly like the one on the XD and there is no tune required. Good luck


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    The only problem with the Zard one, is it basically just the end cans, hence no need for remapping. For me, the idea of changing the exhaust is to de- cat it, better air flow and map to release full potential of the bike. I must admit the Zard one does look nice though. :-)

    #8 XD1262

      Expert Member

    • Members
    • PipPipPipPip
    • 1339 posts
      Joined: 27-August 17
    • Location: Norway
    • Diavel Model: XDiavel

    Posted 22 February 2021 - 08:07 AM

    Zard also do a racing version, just a connecting pipe, without the cat.

    Attached File(s)



    #9 Noggie

      Advanced Member

    • Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 134 posts
      Joined: 02-May 20
    • Location: Norway, South West Coast
    • Diavel Model: Red

    Posted 22 February 2021 - 12:33 PM

    View PostXD1262, on 22 February 2021 - 08:07 AM, said:

    Zard also do a racing version, just a connecting pipe, without the cat.


    That thing must be loud.
    My Termi is probably not that different, but even with the baffles in its very loud.

    #10 XD1262

      Expert Member

    • Members
    • PipPipPipPip
    • 1339 posts
      Joined: 27-August 17
    • Location: Norway
    • Diavel Model: XDiavel

    Posted 23 February 2021 - 03:51 AM

    Termi are actually the same,
    Yours have not cat either and been marked- for race use only...
    The Zard comes with baffles.

    The version I've got on my xd is an Euro 4 friendly version, with cat. So 2 different options there.

    #11 Noggie

      Advanced Member

    • Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 134 posts
      Joined: 02-May 20
    • Location: Norway, South West Coast
    • Diavel Model: Red

    Posted 23 February 2021 - 06:37 AM

    View PostXD1262, on 23 February 2021 - 03:51 AM, said:

    Termi are actually the same,
    Yours have not cat either and been marked- for race use only...
    The Zard comes with baffles.

    The version I've got on my xd is an Euro 4 friendly version, with cat. So 2 different options there.


    Yeah, I know mine is de-cat, did not figure that out before after I bought it though :)
    I know there are small catalytic converters that can be fitted into the pipe joints, so I was wondering if that was something I would look into if the Termi w/baffles were too loud.

    On my Previous bike I had a system from German manufacturer Cobra, and they have these little catalytic converters for sale.

    https://www.cobra-ex....com/catalyst_2

    The ID of the stock Diavel pipe was 53mm.

    So this Euro 3 certified 53x100mm might fit, unless 100mm is too long, that I did not check.

    https://www.cobra-ex...-cpsi-100x-53mm

    Edited by Noggie, 23 February 2021 - 06:37 AM.






    3 user(s) are reading this topic

    0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users