New end can - Diavel Carbon

4 replies to this topic

#1 jfarrell32

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Diavel Model: Carbon Red

Posted 27 January 2021 - 05:37 AM

All, attached a photo of my new end-can for my Gen 1 Carbon. Based on advice from this forum I choose this and it was simple to install and I think it looks great and sounds great and shows off my rear wheel. Cheers John

Attached File(s)

Remove Advertisements Sponsored Links

Diavel-Forum.com

#2 Rex in the Big Easy!

Expert Member

• Members
    • PipPipPipPip
    • 8455 posts

Posted 27 January 2021 - 07:59 AM

View Postjfarrell32, on 27 January 2021 - 05:37 AM, said:

All, attached a photo of my new end-can for my Gen 1 Carbon. Based on advice from this forum I choose this and it was simple to install and I think it looks great and sounds great and shows off my rear wheel. Cheers John

Dang Bud...We cuzins!! That's an 8 inch shorty by Delkevic. IMO, best bang for buck exhaust canister for Diavel.
    May I suggest? Get dem nasty raw pipes polished!.A little work involved initially, have to remove pipes from bike, but after that (after a few k miles or so) normally just needs touching up with some rouge and the speed buffer.
    Best way is to have pipes Chromed Ceramic Coated They never need re-polishing....No shops in the Big Easy can do it. Couple years ago searched, and found some place in New Jersey. However, like 250 bucks, and 8 week turn around time. Moi without my baby for 8 weeks?? I don't think so. Posted Image
    PM me,I'll happily walk you through removing pipes for initial polish. Really not a big deal, just a little work involved.

Attached File(s)

Edited by Rex in the Big Easy!, 27 January 2021 - 08:01 AM.

#3 jfarrell32

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 13 posts

Posted 27 January 2021 - 08:59 AM

Thanks for response - I absolutely love the sound and have left the baffles in. Don’t know if the locals can take it with them out. I love your frame sliders. Are they T-Rex? I was out with a friend last weekend (I am living in Ireland) and he dropped his H2 and the sliders protected the bodywork. It was a lesson for me so I am looking to get some for my diavel. My only question is will they actually protect the tank and air intakes if it is dropped? Cheers John

#4 Spunout

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 232 posts
    • Diavel Model: Carbon Black

Posted 27 January 2021 - 12:31 PM

Those are T Rex sliders, I have the same ones on my bike.

#5 Rex in the Big Easy!

Expert Member

• Members
    • PipPipPipPip
    • 8455 posts

Posted 27 January 2021 - 03:50 PM

View Postjfarrell32, on 27 January 2021 - 08:59 AM, said:

Thanks for response - I absolutely love the sound and have left the baffles in. Don’t know if the locals can take it with them out. I love your frame sliders. Are they T-Rex? I was out with a friend last weekend (I am living in Ireland) and he dropped his H2 and the sliders protected the bodywork. It was a lesson for me so I am looking to get some for my diavel. My only question is will they actually protect the tank and air intakes if it is dropped? Cheers John

Yes, they are T-Rex...With a name like Rex, it's gotta be good. Posted Image Back in 2015 crashed left side of bike against interstate barrier concrete wall about 80 mph. Got broken ankle with steel plate and screws to put it back together...WIthout the slider kit, no telling if If I'd still have a left leg or not. Posted Image

In regard to the baffle I was told by other savvy technical folks about aftermarket exhaust can baffles...Unless you have the bike completely re-tuned, it's best not to remove them, cuz baffles more closely mimics the OEM exhaust canister as it was originally factory tuned in terms of air restriction baffles create, just ike the OEM exhaust canister has, if that makes any sense? Besides it's plenty loud enough with baffle installed.!!!! Mine is anyway.

Edited by Rex in the Big Easy!, 27 January 2021 - 04:02 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users