#21 JezGuy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Diavel Model: Diavel1260S

Posted 16 December 2020 - 11:40 AM

XD1262, on 16 December 2020 - 11:25 AM, said:

Luimoto is a Canadian company- man! From your own country. Posted Image
This have found the way across the Atlantic Ocean and over to me. They made very well seat covers. Very professional and easy to communicate with and trade with.

I know, but I'm not a Canadian, I moved here from the UK and this is my return to biking after 15 years so I've a bit of catching up still to do. Only had the bike about 4 months. Did you fit the seat yourself? I'm also interested in fitting the exhaust. Any probs? Mapping easy?
I like the Corbin seats but not the seat pattern, maybe a bit cruiser-ish.
Corbin diavel
Album: Uploaded 16 Dec 2020 - 13:37
Corbin diavel

Edited by JezGuy, 16 December 2020 - 11:40 AM.

Remove Advertisements Sponsored Links

Diavel-Forum.com

#22 XD1262

Expert Member

• Members
    • PipPipPipPip
    • 1343 posts
    • Diavel Model: XDiavel

Posted 16 December 2020 - 12:03 PM

Just making a bit fun :)

This was to my Xdiavel, I send them all my 4 seat parts to them. They make custom seat covert after my idea/ design. Install the Gold geld too. Luimoto did the whole job.

Ok, a bit expensive. But to Diavel 1260 is only one cover and will cost less. Order the seat covers only, and do it your self or some local shop do it for you...

#23 JezGuy

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 41 posts

Posted 16 December 2020 - 12:20 PM

XD1262, on 16 December 2020 - 12:03 PM, said:

Just making a bit fun Posted Image

This was to my Xdiavel, I send them all my 4 seat parts to them. They make custom seat covert after my idea/ design. Install the Gold geld too. Luimoto did the whole job.

Ok, a bit expensive. But to Diavel 1260 is only one cover and will cost less. Order the seat covers only, and do it your self or some local shop do it for you...

No problem just excusing my ignorance ha. Lets see some images of your seat, sounds interesting. And you're not the person that fitted their own exhaust, getting people mixed up.

#24 Noggie

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 137 posts
    • Diavel Model: Red

Posted 23 February 2021 - 11:06 AM

Well. I'm getting there.

Now added.
    - Termignoni exhaust
    - Ducabike clutch cover
    - Ducati throttle spacers
    - Evotech Phone mount
    - OEM Ducati tail bag

Adding to the old list:

- Black side panels, I did not like the look of the original aluminium ones and think the black ones look better.
    - Givi tank bag tank lock ring, not the best idea as the tank bag completely obstructs the instrument cluster.
    - Protective film on the instrument cluster,
    - Ducatis optional Rizoma brake/clutch handles.
    - Constands center lift adaptor.
    - Evotech radiator and oil cooler protectors
    - Rizoma Reverse Retro Bar end mirrors
    - Custom vinyl wrap

Cancelled or removed:
    - Sidestand pad had to be removed due to the Termignini exhaust.
    - Windscreen, chose the Phone mount over the windscreen
    - Custom rear turn signal modification, still on the fence with this as I cant move the license plate up without obstructing the tail lights, and smaller plates are illegal to fit.

Am I done??

Not sure, may add some minor details still....... are we ever really done??

Attached File(s)

Edited by Noggie, 23 February 2021 - 11:42 AM.

#25 XD1262

Expert Member

• Members
    • PipPipPipPip
    • 1343 posts

Posted 23 February 2021 - 12:15 PM

Noggie, on 23 February 2021 - 11:06 AM, said:

...... are we ever really done??[/font]

No :)
    Maybe for a while, but suddenly something new are "needed"

#26 JezGuy

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 41 posts

Posted 23 February 2021 - 03:42 PM

.... are we ever really done??

Corse not!
    I'm guessing there will be whole body kits made at some point to transform this bike.

Got my Termi exhaust fitted last week. I've not been out on the road yet, weathers too bad, but hell it's loud.. cool but loud! I've made extended baffles with wire mesh and fiberglass packing already, just to see if it works but intend getting some tubing and making a neater job (it did quiet it down) What are your first impressions?

Other stuff;
    Sent back the rear carbon flap from Motocomposites. Poor quality.
    Sent back Oxford black license plate light bolts. They didn't seem to add anything so I saved myself a wiring job.
    Think I will try the Ducati screen in place of the Puig touring screen and maybe just use that for long trips.
    I want the rear wheel decals you have..... in white or grey maybe. You got an Illustrator file etc for the design?

I think the rear turn signals on your bike look fine. I had the vertical blingy North American versions.

#27 DucaRicardo

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 841 posts

Posted 23 February 2021 - 06:07 PM

Well. I'm getting there.

Now added.
    - Termignoni exhaust
    - Ducabike clutch cover
    - Ducati throttle spacers
    - Evotech Phone mount
    - OEM Ducati tail bag

Adding to the old list:

- Black side panels, I did not like the look of the original aluminium ones and think the black ones look better.
    - Givi tank bag tank lock ring, not the best idea as the tank bag completely obstructs the instrument cluster.
    - Protective film on the instrument cluster,
    - Ducatis optional Rizoma brake/clutch handles.
    - Constands center lift adaptor.
    - Evotech radiator and oil cooler protectors
    - Rizoma Reverse Retro Bar end mirrors
    - Custom vinyl wrap

Cancelled or removed:
    - Sidestand pad had to be removed due to the Termignini exhaust.
    - Windscreen, chose the Phone mount over the windscreen
    - Custom rear turn signal modification, still on the fence with this as I cant move the license plate up without obstructing the tail lights, and smaller plates are illegal to fit.

Am I done??

Not sure, may add some minor details still....... are we ever really done??

Nice phone mount, hopefully it doesn't destroy your phones camera. I had a ram mount xl grip on mine and due to the vibration on the handlebar it killed the cameras on my iPhone 11 Pro Max. This is on an XD, I ended up getting a quad lock with the anti vibration kit and hopefully it works

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#28 Noggie

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 137 posts

Posted 24 February 2021 - 05:20 AM

JezGuy, on 23 February 2021 - 03:42 PM, said:

Got my Termi exhaust fitted last week. I've not been out on the road yet, weathers too bad, but hell it's loud.. cool but loud! I've made extended baffles with wire mesh and fiberglass packing already, just to see if it works but intend getting some tubing and making a neater job (it did quiet it down) What are your first impressions?

I started mine up indoors and I was blown away by how loud it was with the baffles, and just blipping the throttle made my ears hurt.
    That said, this was indoors so I expect it to be less loud outdoors, but yeah, I might need to look into modified baffles or possibly adding some small catalytic converters to quiet it down.
    I always ride with earplugs due to the wind noise, but this exhaust certainly make them mandatory.

JezGuy, on 23 February 2021 - 03:42 PM, said:

I want the rear wheel decals you have..... in white or grey maybe. You got an Illustrator file etc for the design?

I think the rear turn signals on your bike look fine. I had the vertical blingy North American versions.

I just took mine to a a shop that works with vinyl wrap on cars and make decals for company cars etc.
    He just found a 3M foil that matched the Ducati red and cut out some 15mm wide strips that he put on the inside of the wheel.
    He then found the DUCATI logo in a file, sized it up and cut the lettering. I was supposed to have DIAVEL, but he could not find the logo/font from the tank to make it.

Quite sure that if you go to a local shop that make company car logos, they can make you a replica of my design quite easy.

The turn signals have grown on me, not sure if I will do anything to them, as you say, the Euro ones are not that bad.

DucaRicardo, on 23 February 2021 - 06:07 PM, said:

Nice phone mount, hopefully it doesn't destroy your phones camera. I had a ram mount xl grip on mine and due to the vibration on the handlebar it killed the cameras on my iPhone 11 Pro Max. This is on an XD, I ended up getting a quad lock with the anti vibration kit and hopefully it works.

I got the vibration damper mount from SP-Connect as I have heard the same, I'm still on my iPhone XS Max, I considered getting the new one, but I decided it would last another year.
    I like the center landscape orientation of this mount, very handy for navigation and other things, and it means that when I put on the tank bag, I can use my phone as a speedometer as the bag blocks the instrument screen.

#29 Noggie

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 137 posts

Posted 24 February 2021 - 05:24 AM

XD1262, on 23 February 2021 - 12:15 PM, said:

No Posted Image
    Maybe for a while, but suddenly something new are "needed"

Yes, I'm already on CNC Racings website looking at blanking screws for the stock mirrors, maybe wheel bolts in red or black and som other nice little caps to put here and there. Minor details though.

#30 JezGuy

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 41 posts

Posted 24 February 2021 - 05:56 AM

Noggie, on 24 February 2021 - 05:20 AM, said:

I started mine up indoors and I was blown away by how loud it was with the baffles, and just blipping the throttle made my ears hurt.
    That said, this was indoors so I expect it to be less loud outdoors, but yeah, I might need to look into modified baffles or possibly adding some small catalytic converters to quiet it down.
    I always ride with earplugs due to the wind noise, but this exhaust certainly make them mandatory.

Let me know if you find a 26mm dia catalytic convertor. Don't know if you've seen this vid on the exhaust mod https://www.youtube....h?v=cQSMB3BBsU4 the discussion thread is on this forum in the video sub text.

#31 Noggie

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 137 posts

Posted 24 February 2021 - 09:18 AM

JezGuy, on 24 February 2021 - 05:56 AM, said:

Let me know if you find a 26mm dia catalytic convertor. Don't know if you've seen this vid on the exhaust mod https://www.youtube....h?v=cQSMB3BBsU4 the discussion thread is on this forum in the video sub text.

Yes I did see that.

but I was thinking more about these.

https://www.cobra-ex...-cpsi-100x-53mm

The ID of the stock Diavel muffler pipe was 54,5mm on the outer pipe, the pipe is 1mm thick so the ID of the inner pipe is 52,5mm

So this Euro 3 certified 53x100mm might fit, unless 100mm is too long.

Looking at the pictures, they appear to have a few different lengths of catalytic converters, so two of those, pop one in each pipe before the Termi and you should be good.

#32 JezGuy

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 41 posts

Posted 25 February 2021 - 07:00 AM

Noggie, on 24 February 2021 - 09:18 AM, said:

Yes I did see that.

but I was thinking more about these.

https://www.cobra-ex...-cpsi-100x-53mm

The ID of the stock Diavel muffler pipe was 54,5mm on the outer pipe, the pipe is 1mm thick so the ID of the inner pipe is 52,5mm

So this Euro 3 certified 53x100mm might fit, unless 100mm is too long.

Looking at the pictures, they appear to have a few different lengths of catalytic converters, so two of those, pop one in each pipe before the Termi and you should be good.

I measured mine. Same ID. The tech drawings look very specific and I wouldn't bet much that 53mm will fit. As you point out there would only be 52.5mm. Cobra do a 45 x 60.That could be fixed in the pipe with about 3.2mm surplus. Maybe allow some flow around it too? Would need fixing in well to avoid coming lose. It would be nice to cut some emissions as well as quieten it down a bit. I think I will work on improving the baffle first.
    On the subject of further mods, how about a seat/cover? Duca bike might go well with your bike.

#33 Noggie

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 137 posts

Posted 25 February 2021 - 07:17 AM

JezGuy, on 25 February 2021 - 07:00 AM, said:

I measured mine. Same ID. The tech drawings look very specific and I wouldn't bet much that 53mm will fit. As you point out there would only be 52.5mm. Cobra do a 45 x 60.That could be fixed in the pipe with about 3.2mm surplus. Maybe allow some flow around it too? Would need fixing in well to avoid coming lose. It would be nice to cut some emissions as well as quieten it down a bit. I think I will work on improving the baffle first.
    On the subject of further mods, how about a seat/cover? Duca bike might go well with your bike.

I kind of like the standard S model seat, it has red stitching that matches the bike, and the seat fabric is not slippy at all so I'm held firm in place in the seat.
    All in all I see no need to change it at the moment.
    Also matches my car that is red, with black leather and red stitching.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users