What have you done with your Xdiavel today? - Ducati Diavel Forum - Page 32

What have you done with your Xdiavel today?

Xdiavel Modification Custom

635 replies to this topic

#621 DucaRicardo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 870 posts
  • Diavel Model: XDiavel

Posted 07 January 2021 - 11:38 AM

When you getting the new bike XD1262? I agree XD1262, also it's because of COVID. I'm still lucky I am working through all this pandemic. Just doing some final mods and I'll be content with the way I want it to look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove Advertisements Sponsored Links

Diavel-Forum.com

#622 Ghorgon63

Expert Member

• Members
    • PipPipPipPip
    • 1391 posts

Posted 08 January 2021 - 08:40 AM

The dealer says at the turn of the month February / March

#623 DucaRicardo

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 870 posts

Posted 08 January 2021 - 05:42 PM

Good to hear, what model did you end up going with? That's the joy of aftermarket parts, you make it your own and somewhat one of a kind, lol. Since it was also nice out today I bit the bullet. Watched a Jaret Campisi install on the sprocket cover and voila, it's on, now waiting for summer to come by

Posted Image

#624 Tonyt

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 204 posts

Posted 08 January 2021 - 07:27 PM

Anybody else thinking about going to the new 1260 diavel? They do look sweet. Not as cool but danm the same motor with better electronics and mid controls. Hard to resist. Opinions?

#625 brenton170

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 95 posts
    • Diavel Model: XDiavel S

Posted 09 January 2021 - 04:08 AM

I have looked at them but still don't like compared to xds
    I like the smooth lines of the xds and forward pegs as they are totally different to my race bike

#626 DucaRicardo

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 870 posts

Posted 09 January 2021 - 12:19 PM

I thought of it as well, especially since the lambo edition diavel 1260 came out. But then I realize, it's like starting all over again, I've put so much time and money on this bike and I actually love it. If you want mid controls and new handlebars it'll be a lot cheaper than buying a new 1260 Diavel S. Also what holds me back is the look of the bike, I am not a fan of the diavel lines even previous gens

Edited by DucaRicardo, 09 January 2021 - 12:19 PM.

#627 Tonyt

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 204 posts

Posted 09 January 2021 - 07:37 PM

View PostDucaRicardo, on 09 January 2021 - 12:19 PM, said:

I thought of it as well, especially since the lambo edition diavel 1260 came out. But then I realize, it's like starting all over again, I've put so much time and money on this bike and I actually love it. If you want mid controls and new handlebars it'll be a lot cheaper than buying a new 1260 Diavel S. Also what holds me back is the look of the bike, I am not a fan of the diavel lines even previous gens

Yeah it would be starting over. But thats half the fun to me sometimes. I was just thinking about it as the miles go up and wonder about the actual lifespan of the 16 model year. I have done quite a bit to mine as well so I know that would be lost on trade in. Still thinking about i guess.

#628 DucaRicardo

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 870 posts

Posted 20 February 2021 - 05:18 PM

So I did it again. First time I had side mount plate I went with a NRC side mount plate. Fit was terrible and looked cheap. I was left with an excessive amount of wires, had to bunch up the turn signals and license plate light. From turning the plate vertically and horizontally it finally broke. Had no choice and went back to stock and added the carbon fibre toilet seat and some kellerman Attos turn signals. Now back at it and bought the Rizoma Side mount plate. Cost more than the NRC, fitment on the rizoma's was a breeze. Only thing I had to do was make the holes a little bit bigger for the screws to mount on the backplate. Also came with the right license plate plug. I can leave the wires on the original OEM mount. I knew I said wasn't going back to a side mount but just couldn't resist the look of the back tire. At least this time if I want to go back to the toilet lid it'll be easy to do the swap.

Posted Image

Edited by DucaRicardo, 20 February 2021 - 05:20 PM.

#629 Ghorgon63

Expert Member

• Members
    • PipPipPipPip
    • 1391 posts

Posted 07 March 2021 - 01:18 AM

Gone baby- gone...

So this day comes. I've actually sold my Xdiavel. Hopes you give the new owner fun and pleasure.

Not longer a Xdiavel owner, but I'll be watching your guy's from the sidelines. So behave :)

Attached File(s)

#630 ozzie21

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 606 posts

Posted 07 March 2021 - 04:12 AM

View PostDucaRicardo, on 08 January 2021 - 05:42 PM, said:

Good to hear, what model did you end up going with? That's the joy of aftermarket parts, you make it your own and somewhat one of a kind, lol. Since it was also nice out today I bit the bullet. Watched a Jaret Campisi install on the sprocket cover and voila, it's on, now waiting for summer to come by

Posted Image

I see you've got a red spring on your rear shock. Did you get it painted or powdercoated or did you buy it already the red color? I was thinking of upgrading my rear shock to an Ohlins. I believe I can get the standard yellow spring on the Ohlins and they have another model of shock with a black spring for riders up to 180 lbs but the only other color springs I've seen were ones where the guys got the color changed themselves.

#631 DucaRicardo

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 870 posts

Posted 07 March 2021 - 09:48 AM

View Postozzie21, on 07 March 2021 - 04:12 AM, said:

I see you've got a red spring on your rear shock. Did you get it painted or powdercoated or did you buy it already the red color? I was thinking of upgrading my rear shock to an Ohlins. I believe I can get the standard yellow spring on the Ohlins and they have another model of shock with a black spring for riders up to 180 lbs but the only other color springs I've seen were ones where the guys got the color changed themselves.

That's the stock spring and I got it powder coated a cherry red when I had the bike disassembled two years ago. I actually don't mind the suspension on the XD, a stiff but that's the way I like it, lol

#632 DucaRicardo

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 870 posts

Posted 12 March 2021 - 03:39 PM

New rizoma side mount plate, water, dirt, and mud comes freeπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Posted Image

#633 Montducati

SF V4S XDiavel S Man

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 896 posts

Posted 01 April 2021 - 06:04 PM

Carbon lower cowl, Ohlins shock, Ducabike midsets, Ducabike clear clutch cover, carbon fenders and seat cowl.

Attached File(s)

#634 rayman

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 29 posts

Posted 16 April 2021 - 08:52 PM

View PostDucaRicardo, on 19 January 2019 - 11:33 AM, said:

So went down to the dealership, doing a little window shopping. Talked to service and found out they where installing my exhaust and carbon fibre rad covers. This is the first time I’ve seen my bike since dropping it off for winter storage. Had butterflies and got excited like a little kid, like a new adventure. Exhaust was halfway done, finally got to see my powdercoated wheels as well. Love how everything is coming with my XD. Can’t wait for the upcoming bike season

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

What colour are the wheels ? matte black or gloss black. Do you have any close up of the wheels ?

#635 AlbertoB1

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 349 posts

Posted 17 April 2021 - 11:04 AM

I listed mine for sale. Look in Bikes for sale forum.

#636 DucaRicardo

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 870 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:09 PM

View Postrayman, on 16 April 2021 - 08:52 PM, said:

What colour are the wheels ? matte black or gloss black. Do you have any close up of the wheels ?
    Posted Image

The wheels are powder coated, color is called city lights. From far away they look black but when the sun hits it, gives it that iridium look

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users