23 replies to this topic

#21 skidrumr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • Diavel Model: Carbon White

Posted 23 November 2018 - 06:52 PM

Freakin' Marquez... can't hate on the guy because he's more consistent, especially if you catch any slo-mo of him sliding through corners. But Dovi took 2nd so at least the Ducs are sniffing

Remove Advertisements Sponsored Links

Diavel-Forum.com

#22 CropDuster

A White Carbon is NOT an AMG

• Banned
    • PipPipPipPip
    • 2421 posts
    • Diavel Model: AMG

Posted 24 November 2018 - 06:13 PM

View Postoilfield_trash, on 27 August 2018 - 08:04 PM, said:

I’m only saying since Ducati gave JL his tank appendage, he’s been killing Dovi. I’m really a Honda fan. I love my Italian girls (Ducati/Aprilia/Guzzi) in the garage, but I think Honda fields a much better team with MM, DP, and CC. No matter who wins, the sport is getting better than ever since the introduction of standard electronics.

No doubt HRC/Repsol have their shit together, It's going to get real very quickly next year though, 99 will give 93 a run for his money on that bike.
    I heard during the test day commentary one guy (not a regular commentator, this guy actually knew what he was taking about!) was saying that Honda really need 99, while CC has done very well on it he's not capable of riding it the way 93 does and he says Honda have built the bike entirely around him, if he leaves the team they're stuffed, they have all their eggs in the Marquez basket right now. They're hoping 99 has the ability to win on it just to know their development isn't too radical for anyone other than 93.

No way the tank shape was the only factor in 99 change in form, i suspect Stoner, who is close mates with Lorenzo was very outspoken about the changes he needed and Ducati apparently didn't want to make them for whatever reason, which seems strange from the outside but rumour has it that Stoner has fallen out with Ducati because his development input was being ignored. I suspect they relented and made the changes based on Stoners input and the results came from there.

The commentator was saying that 2 years ago the bike was long and low, went like a missile in a straight line but wouldn't turn, it's now 50mm higher off the ground than it was when 99 arrived at the team so it would turn and change direction better. 50mm! in GP terms that's massive!

#23 Skywarrior

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 54 posts
    • Diavel Model: Carbon Red

Posted 21 May 2019 - 06:00 PM

this sure didn’t age well!

#24 GuidoRossi

• Members
    • Pip
    • 2 posts
    • Diavel Model: No Diavel Yet

Posted 17 June 2020 - 02:40 PM

Giacomo Agostini said to spanish press that i want again Jorge Lorenzo in Ducati... and Dovizioso???

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users