Termi fire!

48 replies to this topic

#41 Dave Freo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Diavel Model: Black

Posted 16 December 2017 - 06:10 AM

What really happend was the rear injector shit it’s self , my Dave 12 account does not work any more,
We pulled the bike apart found leaking rear injector & worn throttle body shaft , all that raw fuel running around,
Bike now has 63,000 km with a 2 into 1 and a new tune. Best it has ever run . No thanks to Ducati expert.

Remove Advertisements Sponsored Links

Diavel-Forum.com

#42 Rex in the Big Easy!

Expert Member

• Members
    • PipPipPipPip
    • 8455 posts
    • Diavel Model: Carbon Red

Posted 16 December 2017 - 08:10 AM

Thanks for the update Bud...

Bottom line... ANY Diavel exhaust canister (OEM/aftermarket) will catch fire when fuel injector goes toast, then pumps raw fuel into throttle body assembly, eventually into exhaust system/canister....I can hear it now at the next red light, "Hey Man, your muffler's on FIRE!!!!!"

safe/calm

Edited by Rex in the Big Easy!, 16 December 2017 - 08:24 AM.

#43 strykerpsg

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 124 posts
    • Diavel Model: XDiavel S

Posted 20 December 2017 - 03:15 PM

Dave Freo, on 16 December 2017 - 06:10 AM, said:

What really happend was the rear injector shit it’s self , my Dave 12 account does not work any more,
    We pulled the bike apart found leaking rear injector & worn throttle body shaft , all that raw fuel running around,
    Bike now has 63,000 km with a 2 into 1 and a new tune. Best it has ever run . No thanks to Ducati expert.

Since it was a Ducati part failure, did you get compensated for the damage the failed part impacted on your bike? In other words, if still under warranty, that covers the failed injector but I would think compensation on the exhaust would be coming your way. Ultimately, I know maintenance and such are your responsibility, but that's a very expensive part failure.

Well, re-reading you have 63k km on her, I suppose you are long past warranty. In that case, disregard if warranty is non-existant. However, I would hope Ducati would help lessen your financial burden if bike was properly serviced and maintained.

#44 Jamboa

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 23 posts
    • Diavel Model: No Diavel Yet

Posted 12 October 2020 - 04:51 PM

abuomar, on 10 July 2016 - 10:31 AM, said:

I was riding last week and my wife was riding behind me, she interconnected me on our sena to tell me my exhaust was smoking really bad, images of what happened to you flashed through my head, I stopped immediately ,but thank goodness , it was the oil from the brand new Rizoma rear brake oil reservoir that my competent dealership installed a week ago was leaking onto the hot pipes and causing the smoke.
    pretty sad some dealers have techs who just don’t give a damn about riders safety

#45 Jamboa

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 23 posts
    • Diavel Model: No Diavel Yet

Posted 12 October 2020 - 04:57 PM

Everytime I get interested in pulling the trigger on my first Ducati I come on here and read and get talked out of it for the brand still poor reliability. I would not mind so much if I had a dealer closer than 300 miles one Wray. It would be #6 in the stable and my first Duc after owning 70 motorcycles. Pissed off and disappointed. Even a Triumph my most favorite brand has no dealers in Arkansas. Jap bikes may not have the character of the Euro bikes but they damn sure more reliable

#46 JC in CA

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 278 posts
    • Diavel Model: Carbon Red

Posted 13 October 2020 - 09:38 AM

Jamboa, on 12 October 2020 - 04:57 PM, said:

Everytime I get interested in pulling the trigger on my first Ducati I come on here and read and get talked out of it for the brand still poor reliability. I would not mind so much if I had a dealer closer than 300 miles one Wray. It would be #6 in the stable and my first Duc after owning 70 motorcycles. Pissed off and disappointed. Even a Triumph my most favorite brand has no dealers in Arkansas. Jap bikes may not have the character of the Euro bikes but they damn sure more reliable

I would say that ANY model specific forum tends to make that model look like there are tons of issues - mainly because people tend to post complaints and nobody posts just to say everything is good. However I would agree with you that the Japanese are hard to beat when it comes to overall quality and reliability. I'm generally against most things Italian, but this bike won me over. If you are the type that mostly does your own service, I wouldn't be afraid. If you're a guy that regularly uses the dealer even for simple service, I probably wouldn't recommend a Ducati if the closest dealer is that far away.

#47 Borgemar

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 12 posts
    • Diavel Model: Diavel1260S

Posted 17 October 2020 - 02:46 AM

Jamboa, on 12 October 2020 - 04:57 PM, said:

Do not be such a crybaby, I have 1000 miles to my nearest Ducati dealer, one way. I live in remote part of Norway and It didnt stroke me once, the distance between me/ my Ducati and the dealer..

#48 Joken

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 17 posts
    • Diavel Model: Dark

Posted 10 December 2020 - 01:44 AM

wow that sucks

#49 Joken

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 17 posts
    • Diavel Model: Dark