Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner

Ducabike Clear Wet Clutch Cover

36K views 126 replies 33 participants last post by  Tpaxc 
#1 ·
Just looking to see if anyone has tried these, how they're holding up over time plus how the quality is on the product. Overall thoughts?

#8 ·
This pressure plate is offered for monster wet clutch by duca bike.
Bicycle part Font Rim Circle Auto part

Diavel has no offerings other than the tri spring clip which is nice but leaves a bland looking pressure plate that just did not do it for me. [
attachment=53290:ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1436444970.530790.jpg]
I tried anodizing and dressing it up myself. Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Motorcycle

Attachments

#9 · (Edited by Moderator)
Have mine over a year and the only complain would be the amount of attention that it draws.

Just make sure to have the proper amount of oil used, because the window is in a different position than the OEM, which can lead to a wrong read (details here) and overfill.

#10 ·
Have mine over a year and the only complain would be the amount of attention that it draws.

Just make sure to have the proper amount of oil used, because the window is in a different position than the OEM, which can lead to a wrong read and overfill.
You mean the amount of attention you give it in the parking lot! ????
Good heads up on to oil level hiccup, if this is a mod that will be done by a competent dealer, the suggested amount of oil to be used will be correct, duca bike now adds a little reminder note of the relocated sight window in the box.

#20 ·
I got to admit I'm thinking the clutch cover is a bit exxy, prob $300-$$350 is more like it (I used to think Harley stuff was overpriced till I bought this bike) but paying out for another slipper clutch when the bike has one stock seems overkill also.

Personally I learned to downshift properly years ago and have never invoked the stock slipper on overrun, but I didn't complain about it's existence when I learned of it.

$50 for the Ducabike cover?

Probly not eh....

I picked up a t-shirt at the dealer the other day and the price tag said $77....

Left it on the rack.....

#21 ·
I dont have any problems with downshifts on the stock clutch. The EVR clutch looks like a better product, designed for racing, lightweight and so on. I'm pretty sure it will improve the overall performance.

This is a stupid cover. Prolly takes 10mins to print one in the mold. It can't cost $300 or $600.

#24 ·
This is from the Monster Forum I also belong to regarding the cost of this cover from Ducabike. Keep in mind it is full Billet Alluminum.

Since it has not already been mentioned, the price differential is due to the engine cover design differences.

Certain earlier models can be modified by cutting a window in them. Later models can not be modified in that manner. They require an entirely new cover which is designed to accommodate a window. The Al stock required to machine this type is quite large, and therefore requires more machine time which translates to price. For comparison, the DucaBike clear window for the Panigale does not require a new cover and is therefore cheaper......comparatively.

Note the size of the raw stock, and consider that it is 7075 T6 or similar.

#26 ·
With regards to swapping for a Slipper on a Diavel unless you're tracking the bike (and even then it's a stretch) you really dont need to swap out for a slipper. The Ducati APTC while not being a true slipper provides the key benefits of a slipper and is really a great clutch. I would say a better clutch slave is a good upgrade but I dont see the point of changing the APTC for a slipper. That's money better spent on Termis or Beer.

#32 ·
I have to ask again what about the oil sight glass issue? I think I'm going to mark where my oil is in the current stock sight glass then swap the covers with the oil in and if any drips in to the pan I'll put that back in and see where the oil measures up on the new clear cover sight glass. Once that's sorted I'll drain the oil put int he new slipper clutch and then the new cover.

#33 ·
Captain Howdy - I'm very interested to hear of your finding on the oil fill line issue. What was the result? Where was the oil line on the Ducabike cover when you refilled? Better yet where was the oil line on the OEM cover before you drained and then poured back into the Ducabike cover?

I have one on the way and had this very same concern.

#37 ·
yeah i think DCR mentioned somewhere that the oem cover will not fit if OEM clutch is replaced by EVR. i don't have anything against anyone putting this bling. it does look nice for sure. i just prefer performance/handling mods first before jumping to any major bling mod since this one is not cheap.

#42 ·
So what exactly this adds to the issue? Does it explain what/how to do address or what to expect? Unless a new version is avaliable, the issue continue and people would at least know what to expect after others shared the experience.

#43 · (Edited by Moderator)
I should have further stated that I did also reply after his response to me and I asked him to inquire with Claudio @ Ducabike on what the change was hoping they addressed this window matter. I'll see if there is further clarification and post if anything worthwhile.

My Ducabike cover shipped from Bellssimoto today and I will have Tuesday in hand. I will see if anything notable but hard for me to know. I can take pics and post up so those that have can compare theirs already installed.

#44 ·
Bellissimoto won't be able to help much since they only sell the parts and the most that they can do is to provide feedback to the manufacturers.
Motochepassione sells way more, is Italian based and have given up selling many Italian products because of their arrogance.

I exchanged over 10 messages with Claudio on Sep/2014 and his tone was just arrogant as you can see at this messages:

They might have changed the design to address the issue but will never admit the problem and can even claim "new and improved design".
I have posted both OEM and Ducabike pictures, including measures and different angles, so if they haven't changed, it is worth check the notes.
If they have changed it, I would still check before any suprise and either under or over filling.

#45 ·
To me, whether the window is fixed or not, I know I could never overfill my bike because of my earlier clearly defined post. I'd still rather have the proper knowledge AFTER the case is initially filled where the level is at any given time. If you can't see the oil level through the Ducabike window at ANY given time then the window they produced is totally worthless. Those of you that have already would know this.

Your emails with Claudio were well over a year ago. The piece could very well be redesigned. Italian arrogance will always be there. Same story. I know first hand. Bellisimoto is one of the few true Ducabike distributors in the US. They have weight because of the quantity they sell. I got a carbon replacement bit that fell off my Ducabike Water Pump protector immediately when they contacted Claudio. He didn't even respond to my direct email. I let them handle it. My clutch slave was an issue and he pulled same shit until I proved him wrong that it was defective. He never admitted I was right and fixed it under warranty. Even scratching it some in the repair process and denied that too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.