13 replies to this topic

#1 Bomber County

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Diavel Model: Black

Posted 16 June 2011 - 01:10 AM

Wotcha kids,

Has anyone done any adjustments to the position of their foot pegs? Is this even possible?

I'm not one for looking at the instruction manuals (get bored in about 4 seconds) but I'd like to adjust the footpeg heights so that I get a bit more clearance before they touch down in bends.

If anyone's cracked this already I'd appreciate some insight. :sneaky

Ta ra, Bomber.

Remove Advertisements Sponsored Links

Diavel-Forum.com

#2 Thewolf

Expert Member

• Global Moderators
  • 2,194 posts
  • Diavel Model: Carbon Red

Posted 16 June 2011 - 02:19 AM

Hey mate

The stock ones aren't adjustable. There are a few people waiting for some aftermarket footpegs/rearsets to be made

#3 Bomber County

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Diavel Model: Black

Posted 16 June 2011 - 03:24 AM

View PostThewolf, on 16 June 2011 - 02:19 AM, said:

Hey mate

The stock ones aren't adjustable. There are a few people waiting for some aftermarket footpegs/rearsets to be made

ah, righto mate, thanks for the tip. I'll just carry on wearing out the stockers till then.

#4 General Lee

Expert Member

• Administrators
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 10:18 AM

We'll also need a more tucked-up header, because once you raise up the pegs, the header is still hanging down pretty low on tight right turns. I'm hoping Arrow will make a full system that is tucked up at least a half inch or more. The bike would have plenty of lean angle if the header and pegs didn't hang so low.

#5 talkriver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Diavel Model: Carbon Black

Posted 07 August 2011 - 01:35 AM

Baby Face, which is a motorcycle tuner located in Osaka,Japan, released adjustable foot peg kit for Diavel. I'm very interested in it, because stock foot peg is too forward. The adjustable foot peg kit is capable of shifting max 60mm backward and 28mm upward. Not only gold color, but also black and silver are available acording to the tuner's web site. It costs 68,000yen, around $850.

Attached File(s)

#6 Jariva

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 02:07 AM

Talkriver, thank you for link and info. These Sato rearsets look great and have much wider adjustment than the Rizomas.

#7 Braintrash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 04:11 AM

His first post is for a commercial link. Not only that is SPAM, but it is the BEST SPAM EVER.

Ganbare Nippon!

(Do you think it would be an easy install by myself?)

#8 Alan

Expert Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 07:53 AM

I had Sato rearsets on my Hayabusa easy to fit and also perfect fit

#9 devil-duck

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 06:59 PM

$850 seems like a lot, but I ruined a perfectly good pair of boots yesterday at Putnam Park. I did have a GREAT time doing it! I really did not expect to learn much on the Diavel, I thought it would be just for giggles. I think I learned more by being limited on clearance, because it forced me to hang out there. I had more fun than a 65 year old fat man should ever expect! The Devil made me do it.

#10 shrews

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 03:30 PM

I just ordered the Sato rearsets from my friend JC at jcpakbikes.com. I've bought a lot of stuff for my sport classic from him and he is a stand up guy. Rearsets are supposed to be available late this month and the price was substantially less than the $850 posted above! I'll post up pictures when they arrive and are mounted up!

Shrews

#11 Jim

Expert Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 07:18 AM

View Postshrews, on 16 August 2011 - 03:30 PM, said:

I just ordered the Sato rearsets from my friend JC at jcpakbikes.com. I've bought a lot of stuff for my sport classic from him and he is a stand up guy. Rearsets are supposed to be available late this month and the price was substantially less than the $850 posted above! I'll post up pictures when they arrive and are mounted up!

Shrews

I'm more interested after wearing out the toe slider on my right boot (been nowhere near the track yet - just lots of bloody roundabouts in Queensland!). Last night I noticed my header has scuffs and the hero blob on my right peg is scuffed too - not really been throwing her about too much and I recently dialled up the preload at the back, but everything still grounds out really easily.

Those Satos look sweet....

#12 General Lee

Expert Member

• Administrators
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 08:31 AM

View Postdevil-duck, on 08 August 2011 - 06:59 PM, said:

$850 seems like a lot, but I ruined a perfectly good pair of boots yesterday at Putnam Park. I did have a GREAT time doing it! I really did not expect to learn much on the Diavel, I thought it would be just for giggles. I think I learned more by being limited on clearance, because it forced me to hang out there. I had more fun than a 65 year old fat man should ever expect! The Devil made me do it.

$850 is ludicrous considering superbike rearsets generally cost in the $500 range. These aftermarket manufacturers must be thinking, "Hey, they're the custom cruiser crowd. They spend thousands of dollars on chrome shit all the time!" No thanks, Sato. I'll either wait for more options or wait for your price to drop like a rock when only a select few people buy. Bling gold anodized bits on a black and red bike is also horrid. They should have used red or silver.

#13 Jariva

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 11:40 PM

The Sato rearsets are available in black, silver or gold. Will order the black ones, US$ 695, Cheap in my opinion, maybe expensive in the US but that is just because the US dollar is becoming a worthless currency.

#14 talkriver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 05:04 AM

US guys. you are lucky.

Why is the price in US less than original country?!

Today I ordered silver one with 68,000yen, i.e. around US$880!

View PostJariva, on 19 August 2011 - 11:40 PM, said:

The Sato rearsets are available in black, silver or gold. Will order the black ones, US$ 695, Cheap in my opinion, maybe expensive in the US but that is just because the US dollar is becoming a worthless currency.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users