5 replies to this topic

#1 Beowulf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Diavel Model: XDiavel

Posted 18 June 2017 - 07:25 AM

I have been having this issue with the fuel guage
- after a full tank, i ride out 80 miles, park and restart the bike after a food break. The tank will show half-full.
- once i begin riding out, the meter would start fluctuating between half-full and higher that that
However, I have noticed that the range would be more realistic when such fluctuations occur. Should the tank show half-full, the range would drop accordingly. However, it would stay there for say another 80-100 miles before dropping further. So, in real life the rage meter was more dependable than the fuel guage indicator.
Have discussed this with my dealer and he wants 'pics' at various stages. Have had 4-5 200mile rides and this behavior is consistent .
Has anyone had a similar issue ?
This is my first Ducati and am not very happy. In my country this bike costs over USD 30K and the quality on this bike with the recalls is appalling.

Remove Advertisements Sponsored Links

Diavel-Forum.com

#2 wadejesu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Diavel Model: Black

Posted 18 June 2017 - 08:36 AM

They all do it, there are several posts on the subject, probably not what you wanted to read but it is what it is.

#3 TexasCruiser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Diavel Model: Black

Posted 18 June 2017 - 09:50 AM

Beowulf, on 18 June 2017 - 07:25 AM, said:

I have been having this issue with the fuel guage
- after a full tank, i ride out 80 miles, park and restart the bike after a food break. The tank will show half-full.
- once i begin riding out, the meter would start fluctuating between half-full and higher that that
However, I have noticed that the range would be more realistic when such fluctuations occur. Should the tank show half-full, the range would drop accordingly. However, it would stay there for say another 80-100 miles before dropping further. So, in real life the rage meter was more dependable than the fuel guage indicator.
Have discussed this with my dealer and he wants 'pics' at various stages. Have had 4-5 200mile rides and this behavior is consistent .
Has anyone had a similar issue ?
This is my first Ducati and am not very happy. In my country this bike costs over USD 30K and the quality on this bike with the recalls is appalling.

Just remember, at Ducati, quality is job 437...

#4 Dandeano

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts
  • Diavel Model: XDiavel S

Posted 20 June 2017 - 05:49 AM

Mine played up showing empty even though the tank was full. A software update did not cure it. I didn't expect it would. New fuel sensor and all is fine now

#5 Beowulf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Diavel Model: XDiavel

Posted 20 June 2017 - 08:15 PM

Thanks for the replies. Am pushing for a new sensor too. Will work on getting some pics to support my case.

#6 Roadrunner

Expert Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,219 posts
  • Diavel Model: Carbon White

Posted 20 June 2017 - 08:17 PM

Beowulf, on 20 June 2017 - 08:15 PM, said:

Thanks for the replies. Am pushing for a new sensor too. Will work on getting some pics to support my case.

Shouldn't be hard to convince them - this is a very well documented issue with all Diavels and Mulitstradas

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users