2 replies to this topic

#1 Beowulf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Diavel Model: XDiavel

Posted 18 June 2017 - 07:17 AM

Folks,
There were a couple of recalls with my XD - something with the rear wheel and one with the side stand. Got both fixed.

After a couple of months of Fixing the side stand, i noticed that the bike started leaning more to the left when on stand. So, during some stops, i had a challenge straightening the bike while seated. Got this inspected and the dealer said the bolt that was replaced during the recall had sheared and hence the bike was leaning over more when on the stand. I found this odd.
Hi explanation was that , maybe someone was sitting on the bike with the stand (which is not true in my case) . OK, he replaced the bolt and I paid for it too.
6 weeks later, am seeing the problem again.
1. Do any of you have experienced similar issue?
2. Did you have it fixed.
I own an HD too and find this BS about a bike not taking the weight - unbelievable. If HD can make bikes that are 3 time heavier with stands - looks like Ducati focused too much on looks and missed on getting some fundamental engineering right. Sorry, Ducatisti - this was not meant to sting!

Remove Advertisements Sponsored Links

Diavel-Forum.com

#2 kashdevingle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Diavel Model: XDiavel S

Posted 18 June 2017 - 03:58 PM

Sorry to hear and I havent faced this issue even though I have done these recalls. Sounds like your dealer did not fix or screwed up. Wait for others to reply to get an idea. But I have this freaking rear-brake-getting-low-eventually after-every-flush issue. They really need to work on fixing that as most of Ducs have it.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

#3 Rex in the Big Easy!

Expert Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,463 posts
  • Diavel Model: Carbon Red

Posted 18 June 2017 - 05:51 PM

The facts Sir, just the facts? :)

WTF? XDiavels should still be under (unlimited miles) 2 year factory warranty, no?
So this is the 3rd side stand issue, the stealership makes you pay for the last time around because it was your fault applying too much weight?

Something smells fishy....

Good luck if ever a 4th time around!

safe/calm

Edited by Rex in the Big Easy!, 18 June 2017 - 05:53 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users