Decisions

3 replies to this topic

#1 Houlie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Diavel Model: Black

Posted 02 June 2017 - 04:09 PM

Hi everyone, just a little bit about me and why I've joined. Turned 60 two months ago, and after years of swearing you'd never catch me on a bike, my 51 year old wife and I went out and got our bike licences 7 months ago. We're both hooked with 15,000 kilometres under our belts since becoming licenced. Hardest part for me is waiting To get off my restricted licence at the end of the year. Up until recently my end of year bike was going to be a Triumph Bonnieville t120 black, then I discovered the Diavel. I should correct this I actually had a quick look at then a few months back but passed, on the fact that a new one was too expensive, I thought they couldn't be set up for touring, and finally 162HP would only get me into trouble. That's all changed I'm ready to buy, just looking for the bargain, I was going to get a 2013 model, however the Ducati guru here in Byron Bay, Arthur Davis of Desmo HQ informs me 2015 and up models are way smoother, but I'm still open to suggestions. Thanks for allowing me to join.

Remove Advertisements Sponsored Links

Diavel-Forum.com

#2 JoeFishNC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts
  • Diavel Model: Carbon Red

Posted 02 June 2017 - 07:25 PM

I imagine there smoother since they have the Dual Spark Engine. you can tour on them as long as there are gas stations 100 miles apart. I went from NC to AZ and back, about 2600 miles on mine.
They do vibrate a lot, some can't stand it, I however have no issues with it.
I would suggest the Tuneboy, since you can make it even smoother and it addes electronic cruise control.
A lot of info in here so have anymore questions, let us know.

I would buy used, but would try to get one that has a warranty. I bought my 2015 Diavel in April 2015 with 540 miles on it and it was a hell of a lot cheaper and still had the warranty.

#3 Houlie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 03:24 PM

View PostJoeFishNC, on 02 June 2017 - 07:25 PM, said:

I imagine there smoother since they have the Dual Spark Engine. you can tour on them as long as there are gas stations 100 miles apart. I went from NC to AZ and back, about 2600 miles on mine.
They do vibrate a lot, some can't stand it, I however have no issues with it.
I would suggest the Tuneboy, since you can make it even smoother and it addes electronic cruise control.
A lot of info in here so have anymore questions, let us know.

I would buy used, but would try to get one that has a warranty. I bought my 2015 Diavel in April 2015 with 540 miles on it and it was a hell of a lot cheaper and still had the warranty.

Thanks for that. Well I picked up a 2015 two days ago with only 1784klms on the clock (1,108 miles) as I stated in my original post I can't ride it until December 20, when I come off my restricted licence. That will be the longest 6 months I've experienced for some time. I'm now chasing a trickle feeder for the battery, because I don't suppose starting and running it at idle for 10 minutes a week is going to be too good for the battery. It will interesting to see what distance I can get from a tank of fuel when I start getting out and about. 100 miles (160klms) may be a bit restrictive when I'm used to getting at least 300klms a tank out of my yamaha 650. I'll definitely look into the Tuneboy, but I need to put some money towards some luggage first. Cheers

#4 Houlie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 05:34 PM

Posted Image
The Black Bull!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users